El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested? I'm making plans to attend the show, and possibly the cruise Friday night if I can get away from work soon enough. PM me or post if you want to meet up before the show and arrive together.

The Red River Valley Honkers Antique Car Club presents the 2012 Classic Car Show, Arts & Crafts Fair and Swap Meet. Show date is June 9, 2012 at the Love Civic Center in Paris, Texas.

The Red River Valley Honkers are very pleased to have Toyota of Parisagain as the overall corporate sponsor for the Northeast Texas Classic Car Show. The Show will be held on Saturday June 9, 2012 at Love Civic Center located at 2025 S. Collegiate Drive in Paris. Another major sponsor is Richard Drake Construction Company in Paris that will be sponsoring the trophies.
The Friday Night Cruise will be sponsored by Mike's Custom Paint & Body Shop. There are many other businesses that will be helping to make this show a success. Our sponsors are the ones who make it possible to have this show with no charge to spectators. Please say thanks to these sponsors when you see them.
The show on Saturday is expected to attract a large number of show cars and trucks. In conjunction with the classic car and truck show, there will be an arts & crafts show inside the civic center. A swap meet will be held outside the civic center. Both of these additional events should provide for an exciting day for participants and spectators alike. Please make your plans to join us for this family friendly activity.
Don't miss the FREE Cruise Night and 50's Party on Friday evening, June 8, 2012. This will be a step back in time and will provide a great evening of entertainment for car owners as well as spectators who love old cars and love the music from the 50s-60s era. Don't miss it. It all starts at 6:00 pm at Love Civic Center Pavilion where the cars will leave the civic center to cruise the city before returning to enjoy the 50's party.
This year, we are proud to have Dale Cummings, aka "The C", as our Master of Ceremonies and musical director for the 50s-60s party. Dale will be entertaining us with singing and dancing to the great music of the 50s & 60s from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Link to calendar, flyer, and registration form

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

This would be an easy show to get to for anyone in NE Texas or SE Oklahoma. Right off Hwy 82. Plus, if the heat gets to ya, you can hang out inside the air conditioned civic center.

It's less than 100 miles for anyone from Sherman, to north Dallas, to Texarkana, Tyler, Mt. Pleasant, etc. etc.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
A Bridge too Far!!

That would be a fur piece over there for me, Rush. It would be 160/320 miles for me - an estimated 2 hours and 45 minute drive each way. I'm doubting very much that I can be there....................Ken :dontknow:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken...yeah..I didn't expect anyone on your side of the Metro-mess to make it...it's just way too far, so I understand!
Woody, glad to hear it.:nanawrench:
Anyone else from Tyler coming up with you?

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Banners in the mail..............

Your Banners were put in the mail yesterday, Rush, so you should have them in time for next weekend!..............Ken :poke:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Ken...yeah..I didn't expect anyone on your side of the Metro-mess to make it...it's just way too far, so I understand!
Woody, glad to hear it.:nanawrench:
Anyone else from Tyler coming up with you?
not sure ,, we might show up in brown lumpy:beer:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be in the '72, and may even bring the '86 if I can get the exhaust hooked up in time. It's just got an old truck motor in it now...:poke:

·
0 Posts
I'll be in the '72, and may even bring the '86 if I can get the exhaust hooked up in time. It's just got an old truck motor in it now...:poke:
We all know the old beat up truck motor lie.....:poke:
This weekend is the big Forest Ln. Cruise. Hope to see 400 cars there!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your Banners were put in the mail yesterday, Rush, so you should have them in time for next weekend!..............Ken :poke:
Got 'em!

Anyone else coming out to the boondocks??:poke:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heading out to the show now.:texas:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts