El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i'm Patience and i have an 83 camino. I was wondering if any of yall knew some good junkyards around the dallas area (within 1.5 hours of driving) that might have some rear ends out of monte ss's or the like. basically anything good that i could take for mine. i'm lookin for a posi rear end so theres no more single wheel spin and such. thanks for the help!

-Patience

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've noticed not that many posts in this section (which I hope changes). I would try one of the other forums for an anwser to your question. Maybe the Restoration or Suspension forums.

You may have tried the Yahoo Yellow page search, and are just looking for someone with personal experience with a parts yard in that area.

Salvage Yards Dallas Texas on Yahoo

Good luck in finding what you need.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a junkyard up in Denton that has a few El Camino's. I contacted them a year or so ago looking for the bed chrome clips. He had them but didn't want to spend the time removing them and shipping them to me. Don't remember the name of the place but there only a few in that area.

·
Registered
360 Posts
have you checked a place called little johns, i have never been there but have heard that they have lots of good stuff, i think it near kennedale

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
79 Caballero said:
have you checked a place called little johns, i have never been there but have heard that they have lots of good stuff, i think it near kennedale
Little John's is on E. 1st in Haltom City also on Mansfield Hwy (Bus. 287) I gotten parts from LJs at the time he had somewhere in the neighborhood of about 12 or so maybe more, Several Montys

There is a place on Mansfield Hwy that has nothig but Chevy's in it and also Sargents Auto Salvage on Mansfield Hwy has some Elkys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
patience,
I live in denton and will check the junk yards to see if I can locate the one with the old elky's. Let me know if you still need a rearend.

stock83

·
Registered
159 Posts
Found this in the Denton County Morning News in the April 2 issue. I went to the web site and they have a few El Camino's and Chevelle's listed.

CTC Auto Ranch

It may be worth checking out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
camino83 said:
Hey, i'm Patience and i have an 83 camino. I was wondering if any of yall knew some good junkyards around the dallas area (within 1.5 hours of driving) that might have some rear ends out of monte ss's or the like. basically anything good that i could take for mine. i'm lookin for a posi rear end so theres no more single wheel spin and such. thanks for the help!

-Patience
Hi there,, I am a Monte Carlo SS collector,,,83 to 88. Let me know what you need and I may have it. I presently have four SS's I am parting. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts