El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good junkyards in Connecticut or in the surrounding states? I have a friend who's really good at crashing his caprice into things. Also I'm on the hunt for a posi rear and bucket seats. I have heard of a junkyard in terryville CT reccomended to me by some old timers, It's a drive so if anyones been there please tell me how it is. Any suggestions or reccomendations would be highly appreciated, Thanks!:beer:

·
Registered
641 Posts
If there are some near you, you're lucky. I only have a few near me, as soon as I say 1980-something they say they have nothing that old. Even late model parts they have almost nothing and even when they do it's way overpriced, like twice OEM-new overpriced.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same problem, there's 3 around me and they only carry newer cars. There's also all this zoning and liability BS, so they can't have a ton of cars and they can't do them pick n pull style.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have one in the town next to me that has an excellent selection of GBody parts, Ludlow auto salvage in ludlow ma

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tony, if they got the parts for the right price the 2 hour drive will definitely be worth it in the rusty ram van. Are they pick n pull, dissasembled or do they get the parts for you? Thanks again!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just got a '69 and don't know where to look for junkyards with older parts. I need some simple stuff: windshield wiper reservoir, cigarette lighter assemby, radio etc.

Anyone got ideas of where I can find this stuff?

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Found these guys thru CL in Somers,CT..http://leveilles.cehost.net/
Caprice stuff...lots of cop cars up there. I got my "B" body spindles from these guys, real nice people.
They'll let you walk around and scope out their stuff too!

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
They only had one "G" body when I was there, a Regal, but it was picked clean already...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts