El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was asked more than once why are you changing your motor if the one you have is running fine. Stupid is what stupid does. I didn't follow the rule and now I;m learning how to repair all kinds of different issues as they pop up. Now I'm on a transmission problem that was working fine before. What's next. I'm not complaining just passing on some good advise. Listen to what's said here and if you hear it from more than one response maybe it's a good idea to follow the leaders.I'm sure that's how they learned. My great deal on the new 350 $1469.00 is growing in $$$$$$ day by day with no sight when the $$$$$ is going to stop. :poke:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Don't worry. In the end it all works out! It's usually a bunch of little stupid things rather than major issues.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry. In the end it all works out! It's usually a bunch of little stupid things rather than major issues.

I know it's a learning experience that I'm actually having a good time learning. Luckily I have the money so far to fix it. I just wanted to let others know LEAVE IT ALONE.:poke:

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,048 Posts
Your transmission issue is likely nothing but coincidence, correlation does not prove causation. In my book a 305 to 350 swap isn't just a good thing, it's mandatory. :smileyb:

So grab that wrench and party :nanawrench:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
In the long run, you have an engine that will likely outlast the car it's in, currently, and has been shown to be nigh unto bulletproof, tolerant of a lot of factors.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," is NOT the hotrodders motto!

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
In the long run, you have an engine that will likely outlast the car it's in, currently, and has been shown to be nigh unto bulletproof, tolerant of a lot of factors.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," is NOT the hotrodders motto!

I'm fixing it up for my granddaughter she's 1 1/2 years old. What a classic by then she will be. I think she will like it I sure do!!!!!.

.:inlove:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts