El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since the Elky left. Still feel bad as I see it go by the house here a couple times a week.

Things are tough here. The wife recovered well from her stroke in July 2010 and went back to work in Jan. 2011.
She would up having to have open heart surgery in July 2011 the artificial heart valve she got in 1997 had to be replaced.
They almost lost her Too seven hits to get her heart rhythm back.
She now has right side heart failure that is being controlled with meds but she also ended up with complete heart block (both sides of the heart beat independently) so she now has a permanent pacemaker.
But in her usual style she bounced back and went back to work in November! 2 weeks back she had a second stroke. She has been off on short term disability ever since.
They used TPA and it worked great at reversing most of the injury but she has issues swallowing at times and if excited or pressed has a hard time communicating her thoughts into words.
She tires very easily now too and her lungs took a beating having to be intabated for 2 weeks.
The doctors want her off work permanently so she is now trying for Social Security Disability. So cash is really tight now for sure.
Was checking through the site and noticed several more of the older members have stopped posting in the last year.
Hoke LeoC2 is doing okay! Same with Mike AKA theecaminofactory!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Great to hear from you Johnny even if the news is not so good. I hope your wife gets better and the disability comes through. You are long overdue for something to go your way. Best Wishes.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Glad to see you check in on us. Good thoughts only from here for you and your wife.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Good to see an old dog from 2005 checking in. All the best to you and your family. I'm a little envious of the friends you have made over the years here and can only wish I could live in the great states as Cali, texas and florida where the bulk of you are from just to meet and greet.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Your one of the people that hooked me on to this site, I thank you and hope that blessings start flowing your way.
It was good to see that PaPa Johns 77 signature again!!!:texas:
Donny

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Good to get an update from you Papa John. Sorry times are rough for you and the Mrs. I hope and pray that you'll get the break that you both deserve.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,601 Posts
Hello Papa , We are glad to hear from you again . I`ve enjoyed reading and being entertained by your many posts over the years . Your wife sounds like a remarkable lady and I wish all of you the best . I wish I was that tough . I also noticed that theelcaminofactory had not posted for a long time . I sent him several PM`s and have not heard anything back . I can`t remember whom but when I asked others , someone said that he had said goodbye to the site and signed off some time back . Hope he is well and will stop back in and say hello . Again , we wish your family well . :You_Rock:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Post back here more often!
At least you know you will have some moral support from us.
I too kinda wondered what had happened to you.
Better times must be coming----You've had a rough ride the last couple of years.

The best to you and yours
Bryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts