El Camino Central Forum banner

141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Don't seem to be able to attach any photo's. Wanted to give a small update though. The Camino is in final primer, has been blocked and will potentially be in the paint booth tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT to see it in color finally. :banana:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
YES! attachment issue seems to be fixed

These pictures go with my last post, seems the failed attachment issue is fixed.

Final Primer, since these pictures it has been blocked again and is ready for color.

20180629_083104.jpg

20180629_083119.jpg

20180629_083136.jpg

20180629_083156.jpg

Thanks for the kind words as always y'all. :hail2:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Finally in color

Hello all,

The Camino is FINALLY in color, I thought I would share. :shocked2:

It's fresh, just done on Wednesday and is not cut and buffed yet. It doesn't have the gold tone ghost flames on it yet either. I wish it were going to be ready for Arlington, but I just don't see it happening.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
Are the ghost flames going to be the gold color on the Hershey's Semi Sweet chocolate wrapper?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I don't expect he's going to use a bright gold, he's supposed to do a spray out so I can approve it. I was thinking more along the lines of the gold foil on the special dark mini bars. Speaking of chocolate, I'm hungry....lol.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Fantastic paint job Kyle. Looks like glass and the gaps between panels look great too!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
Color updates!

Thanks Fella's, I can't wait to tool it around for a bit. :banana:

The car still isn't cut and buffed, but I did make it home this weekend to see it in person, and my builder wasn't kidding when he said the booth pictures don't do it justice.

It's a bit dusty, but I tried to capture how the color looks in varying light. I don't have any good photos of the passengers side because of the sun angle in my lens, but it looks nearly black.

20190420_085328 (2).jpg

20190420_090225 (2).jpg

This part I'm EXTREMELY excited about:

20190420_084926 (2).jpg

20190420_090635 (2).jpg

The leading edge of the header panel will start out gold and fade out as it flows back. The flames will be larger and slightly more "hot rod" style but this spray out gives a good indication of what it will look like. I really like the pearl flames shadowing the gold and overlapping. I'm only flaming the front 1/3 of the car, and they will end before reaching the doors.

Here is a shot of the passengers side, I was able to clean it up a bit so it was easier to see. You can see the orange peel because it isn't finished yet. But you can also see how straight and clean it will be.

20190420_090235 (2).jpg

In the background on the left is my beautiful wife (who makes it all possible, she said we need to go ahead with the flames even though it adds significant cost), my father in the middle who got me started with the car bug when I was a pup, and on the right is Jim, who runs the shop that performs the work that I don't have time or talent to do myself.

The car will get another coat of clear before the flames, then 4 more after the flames for a total of 9. I'm going to be afraid of driving it when it's done, I definitely need to up the insurance......

Thanks for looking.

:rockon:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
I have a few progress pictures of the El Camino, showing some of the suspension, drive train, exhaust and Brake work being performed.

Rear Viking double adjustable coil-overs are on the way to the shop, but didn't make it in time before I had to leave to return to work.

Wilwood 4 piston calipers with slotted vented rotors all around, Currie crate rearend with 3.70 ratio and a Trac-Lock, some of the UMI components going on, still need to install control arm braces, shock tower brace and coil-overs. A REAL stickler for my wife.....we pulled the tank and painted it because it wasn't "pretty like everything else", who would have thought THAT would have been an argument. ?

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Sorry, I just posted on a post from way back on this thread. Looks like my thoughts are pretty obsolete now! Nice job on the car!

Joe

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Looks amazing Kyle. Great work.
What mufflers did you decide to go with?
Those look like 18" wheels on the back.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Ended up going with Hooker Maximum flow mufflers, they sound pretty mellow most of the time but REALLY open up at WOT. 18 X 8 wheels all around, I still have a little over an inch of room in the back, I just decided to make it so they could be rotated.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Does anyone know why my pictures double posted?

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
@kat0069 Kyle you may still be able to edit your post to remove the doubled up images.
Look at your post #154,

Discussion Starter • #154 1 day ago (3 dots vertically stacked here)
Left click the three dots and select "edit".
Then go to the images, see if there are 4 and try to delete 2.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
@kat0069 Kyle you may still be able to edit your post to remove the doubled up images.
Look at your post #154,

Discussion Starter • #154 1 day ago (3 dots vertically stacked here)
Left click the three dots and select "edit".
Then go to the images, see if there are 4 and try to delete 2.
Worked like a charm, TY.

141 - 160 of 189 Posts