El Camino Central Forum banner
161 - 180 of 309 Posts
Discussion starter · #161 ·
Got another shot of the Camino showing the front UMI components.

Also a shot of my father in the lower middle.

Discussion starter · #162 ·
Rear coilovers have arrived and been installed.
And a picture of her on the ground finally, and the stance I'm going for if the new front air dam will allow it.

Reactions: roger1
Discussion starter · #163 ·
A picture of her out in the sun and under her own power again, new chromoly driveshaft installed.

Reactions: roger1
Discussion starter · #165 ·
TY Roger, I can't wait until the 'ol girl is road worthy again. Mechanical items are pretty near complete now, just waiting on flames.

Discussion starter · #166 ·
First set of flames on in HOK root beer Kandy

I love laying out flames. My last one was done in violet and blue pearl with yellow tips over black (Harley tanks and fenders). Really subtle, but when headlights hit it, looked like police car reflector stickers at night! I wish I had a pic.

Nice job!

Joe

Discussion starter · #168 ·
I love laying out flames. My last one was done in violet and blue pearl with yellow tips over black (Harley tanks and fenders). Really subtle, but when headlights hit it, looked like police car reflector stickers at night! I wish I had a pic.

Nice job!

Joe
Love to see a picture of it.

Discussion starter · #169 ·
Got a few early morning shots of the second layer of flames. I wish I had been there later in the day for better light.

All we are waiting for now is a cut, 4 more coats of clear then the final cut and buff and reassembly!

Reactions: 87ls5.3
Discussion starter · #171 ·
TY.

There are no drop spindles, the coilovers are were the lowering has come from. I like the stance as well, I'm hoping i don't have to crank it back up after the front air dam is installed.

Also, the wheels are 18" so that helps the front look a little lower maybe, the way the wheel tucks.

Discussion starter · #173 ·
The wife and I are done on the project in Long Beach, we went to a project after Christmas break that needed help for "2 weeks" and FINALLY got to head home on March 18th. I rode the Street Glide 1800 miles (2 1/2 days), she drove. We made it home on 20th and drove to Long Beach on the 21st to pack up our office and get our tools and motor coach then drove home the same day. I have NEVER seen the 405 so empty! There were never more than 1/2 dozen other cars around us the entire way down to San Diego. It was a great drive, but scary seeing how stagnant the economy was. We are headed to CO for work on the 2nd.

Discussion starter · #174 ·

Got her lookin' like glass now! Getting close to "done", need seats mounted reassembled air cleaner built. Then interior and stereo....maybe its not SO close. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 87ls5.3

Got her lookin' like glass now! Getting close to "done", need seats mounted reassembled air cleaner built. Then interior and stereo....maybe its not SO close. :rolleyes:
Mine is so far from done it's not even funny, but I'm at the point of fun for now. Interior color change, tear-down for a paint job, still running the factory stereo with a buzz in the old speakers. I'll just enjoy driving mine for a while and soon, I will jump in and get busy trying to get to "done". But we all know a true hotrod is never done!

BTW, looks great!

Joe

Discussion starter · #176 ·
Mine is so far from done it's not even funny, but I'm at the point of fun for now. Interior color change, tear-down for a paint job, still running the factory stereo with a buzz in the old speakers. I'll just enjoy driving mine for a while and soon, I will jump in and get busy trying to get to "done". But we all know a true hotrod is never done!

BTW, looks great!

Joe
Thanks for the compliment.

I hear ya' on that, I am in re-assembly now. I had to buy some new side trim though, I didn't want to try and straighten mine out anymore. It wasn't looking as good when done as I wanted. Also the custom air cleaner fit to the cowl hood, mirrors and front spoiler, later on I want to modify the rear bumper and execute a center exit. I still have the interior and sound system to go, so miles and miles left.
But at LEAST I'll be able to drive it, and it will be a looker until you get close enough to see inside. lol

Discussion starter · #180 ·
It is almost there!

"New" seats are in. Needs door locks installed, then interior and stereo work. Also needs the air cleaner completed.

161 - 180 of 309 Posts