El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had a 3rd gen without a key buzzer switch in their column ? Besides the annoying buzzer is there any reason not to remove this ? Will the horn still work without this switch in place ?

Thanks in advance , i posted a picture that shows the clip

Attachments

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the buzzer is under the hood in the horn relay on the firewall , My steering column was in a million pieces and I reassembled it and didn't reinstall the switch in the column as I don.t like warning buzzers. I was just concerned that this might cause an electrical issue or worse

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
You may leave it out without any issues. Of course once you leave it out, you must toss it over your left shoulder and make a wish.

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may leave it out without any issues. Of course once you leave it out, you must toss it over your left shoulder and make a wish.

Thank you , it will end up in the shed with the rest of the parts from long ago . Next on hoarders guys that keep parts from cars they no longer have ,lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
I call that a wee peace, throw it over your shoulder and say wee lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts