El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting in Lake City ( north Fl. ) , the second annual cruise is open to all makes and models of classics , hot rods , muscle car and El Caminos are especially welcomed . Starting on Thur. July 13 , the group will meet up along the way south picking up cruisers for four fun days of cruising the southernmost island in the continental US , car shows with awards and enjoying the sights of Key West . An itenerary is available in Region 6 , Fl. forum posted by Rtawk , on the Key West Power Tour or you can email a request for one at [email protected] . It may not be cheap but I promise you it will be fun !

·
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I`ve had several inquires from members interested in doing just a part of the Key West Power Cruise and want to say yes that is certainly possible . You can join the cruise that starts in North Florida at any of the predetermined stops along the way . Some may chose to drive down with the group , have dinner at Alabama Jacks and head back home while others can may spend the night with us in Key Largo and head back home in the morning . You can also spend a day or two in the upper Keys . In KW you can do as many or as few of the activities that are planned . So far 20 rides have committed . Last year was a blast ! :smileyb:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Lenny,, sounds like a good time,, I was just down in Ft Lauderdale to see our newest gran kid,, I drove down to Key West to the marker,, now I have been the farest south in the lower 48!! I cant do it this year but next year could be a possibilty,,, Matty man

·
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matty , Thanks for the reply and hope you enjoyed the drive down the Fl. Keys . It is pretty and different . Hope to meet you down the road .

·
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To date 30 vehicles , including several El Camino/GM cousins have registered for the cruise to Key West . You may also enjoy Googling " The Florida Keys and Key West " for photos and places to enjoy .

·
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of today , we have 40 vehicles signed up for the Power Cruise . A change in the itinerary is that Sat. morning , the cruisers will have a car show at the host hotel the Sheraton and then the cars will drive up to Sugarloaf Key at mile marker 17 ( KW is mile zero ) , for an afternoon show with the Fl. Keys Southernmost Car Club for an ice cream social . At around 8 pm we will all cruise through Key West and do the " Duval Crawl " . Please join us for some fun in the Keys !

·
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 11 days to go before this fun event and hope more NECOA members will join in ; even , if it is for just a portion of it . There are 42 vehicles and 70 people signed up for the Power Cruise to Key West . :nanawrench:

·
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Power Cruise turned out to be a great event . Some 50 rides ; including three El Caminos joined in the cruise to Key West , Florida . Sorry I cannot do the link thing but some very nice photos of the two car shows are posted in the Region 6 , Fl. forum entitled " Lake City To Key West Power Cruise " . They were posted on page 3 , comment # 41 by our Deputy National Director and Region 6 , Fl. Deputy Director Randy , aka Rtawk . Hope you enjoy them . :smileyb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts