El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my rebuilt trans and I need a kick down cable, where can I find one? Rockauto doesnt have it...any clues...

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..Does the Kick-down cable attaches to the carb. or the gas peddle..??....
(..There are two types of cable,The First type goes to the carb. the second type is what you see in the picture..)

..this is how they attach it to the gas peddle,notice the tie wraps,thats for the carb. I have it adjusted to,where it will kick down before the back barrels opens up,works great on mountain roads and better gas mileage too.:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Vic !

You can order one from Summit, or take their ATP part number found there and go to most any parts place and get one. The one that is about $13.00, fits Novas, Camaros, Monzas, and pickups. It doesn't list the Elky, but if it fits all of those, I'm sure it will fit yours. Last I knew, Auto Value, and Parts Plus sold ATP products. I'm sure most places can get it for you.

Summits page here --------------
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...ission-Kickdown-Cables/Brand/ATP/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Brian

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
NAPA has them--(SteelBeast just gave me this info last night as a matter of fact.)

The part number for the universal type kick down cable for a 350 eng w/350 trans is-
ATP 15501 and it's under $20.00. Being universal I don't know if that means it will be the same for all El Caminos or not, but they have the one I need, and I'm guessing they'll have them for other years as well.

I hope this helps you. Good luck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well not sure what is so special about the cable here in California, none of my autopart stores have it....not to order one from online as its my only choice...

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..If your having that much trobule finding one,go to your local transmission shop and see if they can get ya one,might be quicker than you think...:dontknow:
:beer:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I got one from amazon, will be here monday.....Thanks all... Got the tranny in, headers in, 408ci stroker in, dual flowmasters, and interior in today....Started it and man it sounds nice...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts