El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the right way to set it i bought a new holley carb to replace the rochester now having shifting problems. One more question tranny might be overfilled with oil would that cause a problem i have changed filter in tranny I dont even know what tranny i have its an 85 El cAMINO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the thm250 with overdrive. I have problems going from 1st to second then to get to 3rd i have to be at 60 miles an hour before it shifts. If i do it manually it works a little better but not much. I know the tranny is good just been having them problems since i refilled tranny i think i way overfilled and since i changed carburators. braket that holds cable need to be modified. I dont know what did it. On the downshifting side it is not right either but not as bad as trying to shift up. I can take a picture of new carb and how the wire is i will upload it to my site for all to see tomorow.

·
Banned
881 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
martinroy said:
One more question tranny might be overfilled with oil would that cause a problem
It will shorten the life of your tranmisson. When overfilled, the fluid has a habit of foaming. Drain your fluid to the proper level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts