El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dude, i just checked out your pictures more closely, cause im lookin to get the gaylord bed cover, in any case, i saw you have a 12 disc changer back there, how is it mounted? i used to have one, and i had it mounted ina pretty cool place, yours just doesnt look very stable where it is.

if you take offt he carpet that covers the smugglers box, theres this slot that you can fit a bolt into, and i basically mounted my changer to some wood, and put a small hole in the carpet, then slid the bolt head into the slot on the car, and its mounted dead center, and you just have to reach back to pull the cd's out. I thought it was pretty cool...unfortunatly i just removed it and never took pics, but if ya have any questions let me know!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mines pretty sturdy, it has a good amount of screws holding it in. I would like to know where that place is that you mounted yours though. I didn't really understand what you were talking about. :( :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha ok, well im at work, i'll try to take some pictures and get em up when i get home, but its doubtful.

anyways, behind the smugglers box curtain, about the middle of the cab, its some sort of joint, welded to the back of the bed. hrm, not doing a great job....i'll have to get pictures

1 - 3 of 3 Posts