El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally watched the 6-part Waco series on Netflix and captured this subtitled gem. Sadly, the footage was of a tank running over a ‘71 or ‘72 El Camino though. Maybe David did have some redeeming qualities?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Koresh was a car guy. Had a big block Camino and a first gen Camaro. Feds made a big show of crushing them with a tank when they began the raid. (I’ve always said it was a giant power play and show by Janet Reno and her thugs; if all they wanted was to arrest Koresh and free his people, they could have waited at the post office or local speed shop. He went to both regularly..) Sure, he was a religious nut with guns, but isn’t that protected by our first two rights in the US Constitution? Seriously, the ATF bungled the heck out of it and destroyed two great cars just to be mean. Same type of (poor) leadership let FBI folks ruin Richard Jewell’s life in 1996. They didn’t crush his car but they did ruin all his momma’s tupperware.
Patrick

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sorry, just stating a few facts and my opinion about the conflict. I think Koresh was a weird crazy dude who needed to he reigned in, but our government has made some really questionable decisions regarding procedures: (Ruby Ridge, Waco, Atlanta ‘96, the FISA warrants, etc.).
Also, more info: the ‘68 Elky SS 396 was not Koresh’s, it belonged to one of his followers. The Camaro was a ‘68 with a built 427. Neither car needed to be destroyed, Reno’s minions did it to piss him off. It worked, too...
Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts