El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gathering parts for my motor swap and want to run long tube headers on my 85. What are you running on your set up with a L98?

Thanks!! Greg

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
So your engine is a basic L98 C5 Corvette 5.7 TBI. If you do or don't get a positive response here, it wouldn't hurt to check with Customer Service at Edelbrock or Hooker Headers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The headers are the same as any other gen 1 SBC for your year.

The only difference would be if you were keeping the smog pump which then you would need the tubes on the headers. delete that crap and no worries.

L98 is a bank to bank firing tuned PORT injection. F that TBI crap. it bites.

·
Registered
400 Posts
L98 heads are angle plug heads (with the exhaust floor raised I believe a 1/10"). As a result of the angle plugs, most headers will not fit. However, I know Sanders (I believe out in the SF area) makes headers and performance manifolds for the G body with angle plug heads. However, I am cheap and I am running LT1 exhaust manifolds on my L98 heads. L98 heads can be gotten from Camaro, Buick, Cadillac with LT1 engine. These LT1 exhaust manifolds are supposed to flow pretty good. I will see if I can scare up a picture of my LT1 exhaust manifolds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts