El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the info on this yesterday from the organizer. I think I put the doc online. Try this link KW information 2012.doc Will try to figure out how to condense it all and get it in the Region 6 calendar soon.

Can you say Duval crawl? :beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I would like to take the trip, but it would be cheaper to charter a jet! $4.25.9 per gallon X 13 MPG x Key West and back would wipe out my retirement.If sanity ever returns to the petroleum markets I will make the ride.:nanawrench:

·
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they don't have your Red Roof inns to stay in along the way either...And nobody gets off cheap in the Keys in the end. Its an adventure!

Will try to stick the flyer here

:florida: :beer:

Attachments

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Well they don't have your Red Roof inns to stay in along the way either...And nobody gets off cheap in the Keys in the end. Its an adventure!

Will try to stick the flyer here

:florida: :beer:
You got that right. My parental units lived year round in Islamorada for nearly 40 years. Whenever I visited them we would go for a day or two in Key West. The farther south we drove on US1, the higher the prices were for everything, especially beer and lodging.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,601 Posts
Please join us for the second annual Key West Power Cruise . El Caminos are especially welcomed as well as all makes , models and years of muscle cars , classics , hot rods for cruising down the state to mile 0 for four fun-filled days of car activities , including two car shows with trophies , cash prizes , cruise ins , sightseeing cruises with great photo ops , activities with the Fl. Keys Southernmost Car Club and cruising the streets of Key West and the lower Keys . The group will start out in Lake City ( north Fl. ) , and will pick up cruisers along the way south and will then meet up with anyone coming down from the East coast .The link Randy supplied gives you the complete itenerary and hotel info . The first afternoon , the cruisers will meet at Alabama Jacks on Old Card Sound Road for dinner then continue on to the host hotel in Key Largo , the Bayside Inn where a group rate is $ 110 .On the Beach , tiki huts , beach bar , swimming lagoon etc. In the morning we will head south stopping to feed the Tarpons ( large , wild , unpenned game fish ) , at Robbie`s Marina in Islamorada , cruise Big Pine Key to see the diminuitive sized Key Deer and lunch at the No Name Pub before getting into KW for dinner . The host hotel in KW is $ 169 discounted for the group . Paradise ain`t cheap but it sure as hell is fun ! Last`s year`s cruise was a great success and hope you will join us for something different . :smileyb:

·
4,601 Posts
This might also be a fun drive for some of you that may not want to do the whole trip .Those in southern Fl. could meet up with the group on Thur. July 12 at one of the designated stops along the Fl. Turnpike . Then drive down with the group around the outskirts of Miami and Homestead and continue with the group along Card Sound Road and have something to eat or drink with us at Alabama Jacks around 5 pm . After , as the group heads south to overnight at the Bayside Inn in Key Largo you can head back home or even go as far as Key Largo ; which , is not that far away . You can join us by the swimming lagoon for a drink before heading home . Some may even want to spend the night with us in Key Largo and leave for home in the morning . Please drink and drive responsibly . My plan is to come up from the Key West area and meet the group at Alabama Jacks at 5 pm , overnight in Key Largo and drive south with them in the morning enjoying the Keys with it`s beautiful scenery and 42 bridges . Paulie , it was nice meeting you at the recent Super Chevy Show in Palm Beach and hope that you will come out again . Good luck with the work on your Camino and hope you will tell us a little more about it .

·
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who hoooooo!!! This boy is booked!

:beer: :beer: :beer: And another from me for any member who comes along! Lenny I'll buy you a glass of wine instead.

·
4,601 Posts
Bigblockpaulie , I`m embarrased to admit but just realized that you have photos on the links you posted . Man , what a build you have going ! :nanawrench: Hope you got some useful info when you and your son stopped in for a visit with us at Super Chevy at the end of March . How long have you been messing with and spending $ on it ? Would love to see more photos as you go along . I`ve received a few inquires from members thinking about doing part of the Power Cruise and hope it works out .

·
4,601 Posts
I was told the other days that 25 rides have signed up so far for the Power Cruise . Hope others will join in even if it is just for a portion of the cruise .

·
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is at 30 confirmed last update I got Lenny. Requests for info are still coming in.

·
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Bayside Inn in Key Largo is going to add (at the discount) up until the place is full. The Sheraton Suites on the Key West end is adding rooms at the discounted rate too, but they did not confirm how many.

That is my update and :bump: for the day...:beer:

·
4,601 Posts
Those of you that are interested , check with Cheri Copeland if you are interested in a Lake City to Key West Power Cruise T-shirt . The one`s last year were very nice with her old VW and chickens on the design along with the name of the cruise . I`m getting three .

·
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its time to get signed in on this one if you want to participate in any part of it. T-shirt orders are being taken and name tags being made for all. Rooms have been added at the host hotels with the deadline extended to June 8th (I think) to make resos.

:beer:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts