·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Hope they get it knocked out and the flames stay away from all homes. keep us posted and blow up the float just in case you need to jump in the lake. For your wife of course.

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck and stay safe. My brothr in Oklahoma just lost his home from the wild fires.
Hey,Bud,How R U..yea,its been a roller coaster of a ride this year,sorry about your Brother's home,but the importain thing is,he and is familey is safe and sound. This is the second fire this summer,the last one was only 15 miles from us,and this weird weather we're haven,its like the dust bowl all over again..:dontknow:
:beer:

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well,its back on,more fire today really close this time ,about 10 miles west of us...

LAKE COUNTY -- A wildfire broke out early Friday afternoon on Cow Mountain west of Scotts Valley Road.
The fire reached 450 acres by about 5:20 p.m., according to CAL FIRE.
Evacuations are in place for the Blue Lakes area.
Dubbed the "Scotts Fire," it is burning in Lake County eight miles east of Ukiah. The cause is unknown. This story will be updated as new information becomes available. Check the Record-Bee Facebook page, www.facebook.com/recordbee, for additional updates.
..boy,oh,boy,here we go again...:let_it_all_out:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Gilby,

If you do have to evacuate, heaven forebid, let me know. You are welcome to stay on Bethel.

John

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gilby,

If you do have to evacuate, heaven forebid, let me know. You are welcome to stay on Bethel.

John
..Thanks John,I hope it dosen't come to that,we've been pretty lucky so far and the fire has just been going around us..:beer::You_Rock:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Hope you stay safe and dont take any chances.

On the bright side the son shining through the smoke makes great sunset pics.

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you stay safe and dont take any chances.

On the bright side the son shining through the smoke makes great sunset pics.
..yea,we've been having some really nice sunset with the smoke,but I wash my Elky yesterday and now it has ash on it..thats to be expected around here lately.Were being safe and they set up a E-Vac at the high skool just in case it get out of control.we're less than a mile to the skool so, I don't think it will get to us.:beer:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Gilby can see it in ukiah tonight Saturday nite was bright early bur when the wind dropped off at seemed to die down.night befor it looked like Thay had a handle on to and this morning too but just befor afternoon the wind came up and it seemed to blow up double again.
Stay safe ,hope to see you this Friday nite at the applebees parking lot for the kick off of the car show.

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
..Hey Rick,yea,we went to the chines place over there by Big Lots to have dinner last night and on the way back,you could see the flames.its pretty Trippe seeing the resort empty by Blue Lake,there was a couple of Hellos dunking bucket into the lake and dropping it on the fire.there was No Body in the lake and nobody at the resort a at Le Trina and The Narrows.allot of sight seeing going along the hi way.also,alot of fire trucks to at Big Lots parking lots,looks like a show of fire trucks.....

can't wait til the 15th..see ya there.:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Gilby
How was the Chinese place to eat? Have not been there yet.
Cool pics,have seen lots of fire trucks this weekend from all over the state.
Lots of tankers flying out of the airport here Thay re fuel the fire retardant there.
See you this week end if you don't find me call me,sent you the phone number in the personal email I sent you the other nite.

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
..Cool,its ok,its all you can eat too, not bad,.I woke up to this,after I wash it on friday....

..Ash all over the place..:dontknow:

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Gilby need to use my car cover?
Sorry for the mess fire looked down this morning but the wind has came up some and it looks to be getting going a little more now.
The elky will love the fire if you keep having to clean her:nanawrench:

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Black Hawk Down

.. here some real sounthern hospitiley.....

SCOTTS VALLEY -- Tom Inderkum and his wife Karole Ward watched a rapidly progressing fire from their yard on Scotts Valley Road in Lakeport at about 4 p.m. on Friday, when the action landed smack-dab in front of them literally. A UH-60 Black Hawk based out of Los Alamitos was traveling from the 16 Complex Fire to the Scotts Fire to make a water drop. The crew ended up making a forced landing, also called a precautionary landing, following mechanical problems, according to Jason Sweeney, public affairs officer for the California National Guard.

When the pilot, Chief Warrant Officer 4 Bruce Delara Pulgencio, landed the Black Hawk, he knew from extensive training and 27 years of experience this was a critical situation. The master warning light came on and within seconds Pulgencio was heading in for a soft landing, descending 2,500 feet with the Black Hawk.
"I have had many emergencies and this is one that gets your attention," Pulgencio said. "There are two types of emergencies that are really critical. One is losing a rotor blade and two, the type of emergency we had, transmission failure, is something you can't second-guess. There's no place you can pull over in the sky. You have to act fast so you don't become a lawn dart." A pilot, co-pilot and crew chief from the 1st/140th Aviation Battalion Air Assault of the Army National Guard and a CAL FIRE helicopter manager were aboard the Black Hawk. There were no injuries, but the Black Hawk remains guarded in the pasture where it landed. It will be disassembled and removed by truck.

"The extent of the damage was severe enough to have to truck it out," Pulgencio said.
When the crew landed Inderkum greeted them saying, "Hey, you missed the lake by a couple of miles." Pulgencio said Inderkum and Ward were fantastic. "She came out with watermelon and lemonade. They were very neighborly, especially seeing as we were sitting on their front lawn uninvited," Pulgencio said. "Now they have the most expensive lawn ornament on the block."

Inderkum said he was just glad they landed safely, because, "After all they are fighting fires to protect folks like us and our property."
Pulgencio said, "We work extremely well with CAL FIRE as a team through extensive training. These are two entities from different professions that work as one.
Inderkum said it was "pretty cool to be the only kid on the block with a Black Hawk in his front yard." As for the Pulgencio and the crew, they got a replacement helicopter and continued to work the Scotts Fire.

:beer::beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
gilby
cool picture a chopper in there frt yard.Ive seen a airplane land on the freeway once that was cool,landed and than taxyed to a big pull off spot on the freeway.wqings were pulled off and it was loaded on a trailer and towed off to get repairs i guess.
comming over friday night to the applebees car show kick off? I'll be there for awhile and will be at the car show on sat.but my elkys not in the show I guess the post office lost my enrty form and check somewhere as thay didnt get it so im not in,just the little show friday night at applebees.thats alright as that leaves me a whole year to do more to my ride.
:beer: Rick:beer:

·
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea,its on,and anybody else out there wants to join us,come on up ..:beer:
..will be there to on saturday..:beer::beer:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Gilby look for my 68 Friday nite it will be the only white and silver two tone there if I'm not by the car I will be at some time so we can hook up.:beer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts