El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here it goes. I am trying to put together a meet and greet in Lawton (SW Oklahoma). The date I have picked is Saturday, June 30, 2012. This date would give approximately two and a half months for everyone to make plans. I would like to make this a good one by inviting a lot of the members from south of the Red River to come and participate. I already have in the works a afternoon cruise through the Wichita Mountains with a stop at the top of Mount Scott for a photography opportunity. I have made contact with several local vendors and several have presented interest in providing some products for drawings. I am currently contemplating a possible show and shine for the public to come by and take a look at our Elkys. Let me know by PM or a posting to let me know any ideas you might have.
suks2bu37:nanawrench:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
That is our anniversary, I don't think that will fly with Denise to take off down there for something I want to do. I don't think I could make it her idea either :poke:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
When it's Firmed Up...............

When you get the event and date firmed up, and an Announcement ready, contact John Harris or myself and we'll get the word out to all your member targets. Go for the gold!!........................Ken :beer:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is our anniversary, I don't think that will fly with Denise to take off down there for something I want to do. I don't think I could make it her idea either :poke:
The following weekend would be the fourth of July and most people have plans for that weekend. What if we backed the date up two weeks? That would still give everyone at least two months to make plans. I completely understand the anniversary issue, having been married three times!!!:poke:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
June 16, 2012 a better time frame? I have a meeting next week with a business to possibly use of their large parking lot for the meeting and show.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know it is an El Camino event, but I just acquired my '64 and am in the middle of a total brake job. No way it will be ready. Would like to meet the other Elky owners, though, so would it be OK to bring my '71 Cutlass convertible?

·
Registered
224 Posts
With my work schedule, I work a lot of Saturdays and dont know Im working sometimes until the Friday before, I may not be able to go. It would be fun to take a little road trip down that way from Oklahoma City. I will keep an eye on this post and as the date gets closer I will try to make it down there.

The body of my Elky is still all wrecked up and its not much to look at. The engine leaks some oil but is reliable. I am pretty excited that I have actually been able to put a little money into the car recently and have made some progress on some of the smaller things needed on it. It would still be cool to finally go to one of the get togethers and meet some owners and check out thier rides.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I know it is an El Camino event, but I just acquired my '64 and am in the middle of a total brake job. No way it will be ready. Would like to meet the other Elky owners, though, so would it be OK to bring my '71 Cutlass convertible?
I have no problem with that, get the Elky on the road. Bring pics!!! I will bring pics of my 1972 W30.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With my work schedule, I work a lot of Saturdays and dont know Im working sometimes until the Friday before, I may not be able to go. It would be fun to take a little road trip down that way from Oklahoma City. I will keep an eye on this post and as the date gets closer I will try to make it down there.

The body of my Elky is still all wrecked up and its not much to look at. The engine leaks some oil but is reliable. I am pretty excited that I have actually been able to put a little money into the car recently and have made some progress on some of the smaller things needed on it. It would still be cool to finally go to one of the get togethers and meet some owners and check out thier rides.
I have never met an ELKY owner that is judgmental of another ELKY. Bring the car and enjoy the day. You may see something on a ride and say, "I wonder if I could do that." and if your car is there, you can walk to yours and say, "Yeah, that would work!".:poke:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
That sounds good to me I will try to get that day off Our company acquired another charter company and things are busy. I'll see what I can do

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have already talked with a local business about use of the parking lot. I will let them know the date and make sure that there won't be any kinks there. With a firm date, it makes it a lot easier to get cooperation out of people.
suks2bu37:nanawrench::beer:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool, at least you know where Lawton is!!!! I will be in Lawton tomorrow morning to make final arrangement for the meeting place. I figure 0800-1200 for the meet and great / show and shine and then a cruise afterwords. I am really wanting a photo session at the top of that glorified hill they call a mountain, Mount Scott for everybody.i really think the pics would be great. Every one needs to bring a camera!!! I really hope our buddies from south of the river come to join us!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Im still watching this thread hoping I can go. I will bring a camera but my car wont be in the pics.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts