El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
As long as they are 12v they should be plug-n-play. I did something similar using some white $15 strip LED's from Pep Boys (two at 4" long). I just spliced them into the door switches so they come on when one if the doors are opened. They have a sticky side so I simply attached them to the bottom of the dash out of site by the drivers and passengers feet. My car didn't have the stock courtesy lights, nor the wires to accommodate so this was a cheep alternative till I can revisit the wiring.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/241360/649/accessories/fashion_lighting/led/

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i would do as above did or tie into a open batt.spot in the fuse box. either way make sure its fused to make sure you dont have a bad day if it shorts out. be aware the led has a dedicated polarity unlike a standard bulb. pos must go to pos.

·
Registered
691 Posts
inside led's

Find one of the under dash lights.They are in a plastic holder.Cut those wires and splice your LED strip or bulb socket into those...I have purple everywhere inside,,,Also you can put a 12 led stick on in the dome light.They look great...Just use the same wires that power the existing bulb..

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Look for the orange and white wires behind the stereo for the inside lights if you only want them on when the lights are on inside.:dontknow: I just hooked an LED light to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts