El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To post a message here. For such a slick sight I'm surprised that more folks haven't discovered it yet. :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
8) I call second!!!!!!

Looks like a lot of potential here... I like the idea of an all elcamino message board!!! Shouldn't take too long to get the work out!

S

·
0 Posts
Messages for new forum members

I agree. This is a very nice web site and I hope more people become aware of it. It has the potential to become the corvetteforum.com of El Caminos!

I don't currently own an El Camino. but I am shopping for a '80-'87.

·
0 Posts
Hello guys its good to be on the site with other elky lovers. necoa#183 :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I guess I get sloppy fourths then eh? ew.....

Yeah, I don't currently own an elky either but I too am looking for a 78-87 style. Any tips or things I should be looking out for? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys. 8)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: Well I guess I get sloppy fourths then eh? ew.....

Hey, I registered and it worked this time! :D This site looks great!

Canadian-Ron said:
Yeah, I don't currently own an elky either but I too am looking for a 78-87 style. Any tips or things I should be looking out for? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys. 8)
Heres a tip...Watch for rusty frames and body mounts 8O

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to finally see a forum for elky's! I found this one the same day I found the NECOA's forum.

I own a badly rusted 78 that I've sunk about $2500 into the chassis. The problem is you would never know it by looking at it. But it's purpose is a reliable daily driver and it's been perfect for the 3-1/2 years that I've owned it.

I almost traded it last month for a station wagon! If I ever get them thoughts again, somebody slap me.lol.

Well I look forward to meeting everyone. Doug :D

·
0 Posts
:D came upon this site by way of team chevelle
looking forward to seeing it groooooow

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Site Admin Resources

Looks like ElCaminoCentral is lining up excellent site administrators. Good job, guys.
-dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 83 Conquista. I'm real glad to find this site. I found it through the NECOA which I just joined. My El Camino has some problems but no rust and only one significant dent (rear quarter panel - passenger side). Everything is there and most of it works. Passenger window doesn't roll down (electric). My other major problem at the moment is getting it past smog inspection (California). The carburator needs work. The El Camino sat for a year in a tow yard. That is where I found it. Anyway, it'll keep me busy for a while.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the group....As we continue to grow, I think you'll find a wealth of knowledge and experience from our other members to help you out...

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
:Welcome!: to all of you!

Watch out for the texans

Remember 3 things on here;

1. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. We have gigabytes of experience/knowledge on here.

2. Search is your friend

3. We also have fun! (remember this is a family-oriented site tho. Did you hear that thunk noise? The was Ken passing out and hitting the floor because I said that! LOL) Don't lurk, speak up!

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to finally see a forum for elky's! I found this one the same day I found the NECOA's forum.

I own a badly rusted 78 that I've sunk about $2500 into the chassis. The problem is you would never know it by looking at it. But it's purpose is a reliable daily driver and it's been perfect for the 3-1/2 years that I've owned it.

I almost traded it last month for a station wagon! If I ever get them thoughts again, somebody slap me.lol.

Well I look forward to meeting everyone. Doug :D

I spent less $$, but redid the entire underneath of mine, including the floors, and you couldn't tell I'd done anything. But I knew, and so do you.

btw, TONS AND TONS of low-buck tips/how-to's on here.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
here is a tip for buying an elcamino. if the differential has a metal tag on one of the cover bolts, you have a posi-traction (limited slip) rear end.

Unless someone took the rear cover off for some reason. They always seem to loose the tag when they do that. Best way is to look at the numbers stamped into the axle tube on the passngers side, on the back side. You could also look at the stamped tag on the firewall near the brake booster, but if the rearend has been changed (quite common), then the tag info won't help.

What the axle and firewall tags mean is posted on here in several places each.

Search is your friend!

·
Registered
11,511 Posts

Th rear window and heater core seals tend to leak over time. Most common rust to the floors are front passengers footwell, rear footwells (indented parts behind the seat), and the smugglers box.

Floor pans are available new, BUT THEY DO NOT INCLUDE THE SMUGGLERS BOX FLOOR! You have to make those. There is a how-to-do-it thread on here that I posted when I did mine, or just ask.

(last replacement smugglers box floors were made in 1156 on Mars, but they are sold out)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts