El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the 85 Elky from the trasmission shop yesterday. Thanks to Tony and his Team at Schorr Transmission the TH350 has a new life. As I roared down the freeway towards the Exhaust Shop I felt like I was 16 all over again---there is nothing like a project when it all comes together!!!!!!

At the Exhaust shop the old Monte cat back dual exhaust was removed, and immedietly installed in my buddy Charlie's 85 Elky--my old car.

The G-Force crossmember, which I had powdercoated, was then installed in my car, with a poly tranny mount---a perfect piece and an easy install.

For those of you who had the patience to deal with all my exhaust questions-I took your tips and purchased a set of Dynomax ceramic coated headers. All we did was tilt the engine and slide them in --plenty of clearence , and no modifications--Thanks guys!!!

Well---today the pipes will be bent and installed, and the true dual exhaust with an H-Pipe and dual Dynomax Super Turbo's will breath new like to the rebuilt 355!!!!!

Tommorrow the car will go to the performance shop for a cam and more...Will keep you posted--this 48 year old kid wants to get to the exhast shop to take some photos------

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ElkyPete----picked up the Elky from the Exhaust shop yesterday-the Dynomax headers with the 2.5 dual pipes, H-pipe and the Dynomax super turbo's sounds perfect--not too loud yet that low muscle car rumble---dropped the car at the performance shop this AM----- for a cam, intake carb and MSD install.---ended up with lots of chrome goodies and braided lines---will keep you posted-------

·
Registered
105 Posts
what kinda shop do you take your car to do install the intake? do they tune it? how much do they charge for installation? im so used to places charging an arm and a leg, i just do it myself, nobody has worked on my elky since i've owned it, just doesnt feel right another man touchin my girl ;) haha, but in all seriousness, after spending a good 2-3 days on my exhaust, maybe helping a pro, or watching him would be good, just to make sure he torques things down and all.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Hey nyc;

Where'd you pick-up the Super Turbo's ? At the exhaust shop or did you order them on line? Just curious as I plan on going the same route :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still do alot of the work myself-however time this month has been an issue so I sent the car out---to install the intake -carb-fuel pump --cam and lifters ---and a complete MSD ignition--as well as the chrome valve covers and chrome wire looms-$750--the car should be ready on Thursday----the turbo mufflers were bought through the exhaust shop-I use him because he custom bends every piece--- and the new system combined with the Dynomax headers and the g-force crossmember is beautiful-I will post some picture in my album in a week or so---any other questions let me know and I will be glad to give you my phone number to talk off line----

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up early and can't sleep---anticipating picking up the Elky today from the performance shop------FINALLY------- 350 was bored 30 over and installed a mild cam setup--added a polished edelbrock performer, 600 Holley, MSD ignition system, Holley fuel pump, braided lines and lots of chrome. This morning they are putting on a set of Torque Thrust 2's and then its off to the upholstery shop for the headliner to be installed. The anticipation is killing me---WHY CAN'T THESE PLACES OPEN AT 5 AM SO I CAN TAKE THE ELKY FOR A RIDE BEFORE WORK!!! Pictures to be posted in my album soon-Pete NYC

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Elcaminonyc said:
........ braided lines and lots of chrome. .........
Nothing makes the engine compartment look as good as a clean and painted compartment with lots of shinny stuff, chrome or polished Aluminum. Braded lines are really good in more than just looks. They put up with a lot more than do the standard rubber tubing.

I look forward to seeing the completed work. I like Shinny stuff. 8) :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts