El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the part number located on a Chevy Bow Tie block? I found a new 4bolt main Bow Tie block for sale online. There is a picture of the crate and a picture of the bottom of the block with the crate lid off. The GM part number on the box doesn't match the appearence of the block. The part number on the crate is for an aluminum block with an unfinished bore of 4.117"(I just bought a new set of 4.030" pistons). The block in the pictures is an iron block. I'm going to look at the block this afternoon to measure the bore and see if I can find the part number.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm replying to my own post because I did a search right after I made the post and found out where the casting number is. It turns out the block is a new cast iron Bow Tie Sportsman Block #10051184 with an unfinished bore of 3.980"(I measured this) myself), 4bolt mains, siamesed cylinders and will accept a 3.750" stroke crank (w/350 journal size). They were a little put out because I made them lift the block out of the crate so i could see the casting #. They're asking $2000 OBO for it but I can buy one at Scoggins-Dickey for $1849.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.