El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 70 Elky SS 396 with bucket seats. I have heard that this vehicle is supposed to have shoulder belts also to go along with the lap belts. This car does not have them now but I would like to get them and install them so the vehicle is back to original. Would anyone know where they get mounted and what they would look like? Also, would anyone have a complete set of male and female sides of the shoulder belts in black?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If the sholder strap was offered on the 70 then the sholder belt would have been located on or around what is called the earboards. That is the piece of cardboard (basically) that spans the distance between the headliner and the rear molding if equipped, otherwise it just extends down and is covered with material like the headliner. In late late 60 and beginning the 70 it seemed to me that the sholder belts were separate belts and non self-tensioning, but I could be wrong. Anyway you could remove the earboards and look to see if the fastener is there or if you wanted put one there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would anyone know where I can get a set of these shoulder belts (male and female) for my car in black?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
There is a place in Dallas that restores Seat Belts and sells them also. I don't know the name right off the bat but I'll look to see if I can find it. I haven't used them but some of the members @ Chevy Talk had.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
That is it! That is the one.

Figure that you have to go through safety ratings and have to warrent your work and from what I know they produce SEMA approved harnesses so they have to pay for that extra standing and pass the cost on to the customer.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Just checked them out. Looks like they offer a quality replacement. Yeah, they are a bit expensive, but ragged and faded seatbelts just don't cut it when your going for that show look. Anyone know of any other seat belt manufactures?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am actually looking for either a restored set or preferable a good used set for my elky. Mine does not have any shoulder belts right now but I believe they originally came on the car and someone one removed them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts