El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What original elky owner has his cruck the longest?

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..So,Far, 13 years..:inlove:
:beer:

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
I am not the original owner, I am the third. I have owned my '59, 26 years and counting. It has been in my family since 1979.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
I am the original owner of my 86 Conquista. Bought in Oct. 1986. 26 yrs and counting. Planning to never sell her. :inlove:
Tim

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a long time for one ride. You must know her well. How many miles? Anything serious happen over the years?
James

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
James, I'm the 2nd owner of this elky. I bought it 6 yrs ago with 100k miles. I now have 312k on it. The only major thing I've done is installed a Monster Trans. 200-4r built to take up to 500hp just because I pull a trailer. Rebuilt carb by Mountain Man, intake replace, water pump, ps pump and heater core. I still get 24 mpg if I use premium gas. I have willed this elky to my soon to be born 1st grand child. So I am semi activly looking for elky #2. I told all my kids that I was going to buy all my grandkids their 1st car. They will all have an elky. My kids think I'm crazy.. their spouses think its cool!

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Bought my 87 in 88 so 24yrs 300,000 miles and still runs great. Never found the build sheet and tried on top of the gas tank unless it's crammed in the corner. everything else has been removed. I can always tell if she is ready to hiccup .:nanawrench:
Robert

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
I once owned one for 1 night, does that count???:poke:
Donny

Any longer you would fall in love and have another mouth to feed and try to make happy.:poke:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder how many exceed 25 years?. I bought my first in 1998 and my second in 1999.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Of the four El Caminos I've owned ('64, '69, '78, & '80), I've owned my '80 the longest. I bought my '80 on April 7, 1992.
Yup, I'll go along with an "Honorable Mention"!:beer:

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
I will speak for my Brother in Law who is not into the computer thing. He has a 79 he bought new and has always been kept inside. It is to die for as far as original goes. No rust - SC car.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
That's a long time for one ride. You must know her well. How many miles? Anything serious happen over the years?
James
No major problems. It is now on 3rd motor, however. The 1st change it was 4.5 yrs old cause I wanted more power, not motor problems. The second change was 2 mths ago due to oil pick-up tube falling off, now even more power. Over 200k miles on body and only had to change front-end parts( tie rods, center link, etc). Never had a garage to put it in, always outside. By far the BEST vehicle I ever owned (but it does need paint).

Tim

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
11 years for the 59-----the first 5 was the restoration/personalization period
6 years for the 66----got it a year before the 59 was first registered---April of 05
It sat for a couple of years and went thru the "refreshing" process starting in early 08
That car hit the streets just this last April

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Dad and I sat down with the dealer in early 1985 and ordered a blue on blue Conquista, 305/200C. It was delivered 3/29/85. 135,000 miles with routine maintenance, a water pump, A/C compressor, radiator, carb rebuild and valve stem seals. I inherited it this January but the title is still in his name. Georgia doesn't require titles on older cars so I may leave it that way. Patrick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts