El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the Pick'n pull yesterday....This is what i found. They had 17 5th gen elkies, and a few older ones (69-72)

choo choo front end.......

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you serious...Good thing i didnt get it. i went to look around and see if it was worth comming back too. Wow i thought that was a choo choo, if it was cheap enough i was gonna buy it cause i thought it was a choo choo....

it was a costly drive. went throught 1/4 tank there and back. it was about a 30min drive. we got a lot of price checks to compare to others.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yep, it's a MCSS nose. You can see the body line on the fender.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Yeah that's a Monte SS. They're a little wider. But you could go crazy and put the entire monte ss front on an elky. Fenders, hood, radiator support, bumper. Then add monte doors with elky glass and rework the body lines either 1/2 through the doors to match the 1/4's or do the 1/4's to match the doors.
There was a dk. red metallic one around here where the guy did a fade of the body lines on the doors to match the 1/4's. Looked nice!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The MCSS nose is about 4 inches wider. Also the choo choo nose has a moulded in filler on the bottom of the fenders.

·
0 Posts
When you hit a PnP,snag the overflow tank and washer bottle. I scored both mine for 10 bucks total. Also,if you find a floor console and shifter for a G body,they go for 35. I snagged them an resold it for 150 after I sanded and painted them. There's always something out there thats hard to find...Jus Sayin....:beer:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You can see the filler in this picture.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the one i posted does too. did you guys see how the bottom is smashed down on the left side? i dont understand what the filler is?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The filler does just that, fills a gap. Both have fillers, the Choo Choo bumper cover is moulded into the bumper cover and the MCSS filler is a seperate piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts