El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When people see you in your El Camino do ya'll have the looker's & wanter's? I have people say "Don't see many of those anymore.", "Oh, I want that.", "Nice looking car." and my favorate "Want to sell it?". This is just a stock looking 86 El Camino. I bet ya'll with hopped up one's really get them.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
8) Hey dovehunter! My 77 looks like a refugee from the crusher and still have people trying to buy it. :lol: The problem is when thy badger you enough that you give them a price it suddenly turns into for that piece of junk! So now when they ask I say 10'000 and you can tow it home! I love the 8O expression on their face as I walk away!

PaPa John

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PaPa John, I do the same thing. I say, sure it's for sale $10,000. I love to see their expression also. We might have to be careful, we might just run across someone that will put the money on us. I don't think I could part with it seeing how it was my Dad's.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I don't remember anybody coming up and asking if it was for sale, but I was driving in Atlantic City a few weeks ago and it got lots of looks. One guy crossed the street in front of it really at a stop light with is mouth open just gauking at it like it was a supermodel or something. You have to enjoy that. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
28 Posts
me too

i get a lot of that too but my 66 is a little more rare here in alabama. the 79 and up are easy to find here in the local trader mags but don't go cheap averaging $4500.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have only gotten one guy that made an offer on my car, and after it I wanted to beat the hell out of him. He said he would give 800 dollars for her :mad: .

Crazy damn fool at walmart.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ive had people come up to mine, it was a the drags, some i guy was like who drives it and i was me, hes like its a land yacht and not very aerodynamic and i was like yea, it like drivin a box. it is hella big, mines longer than my friends chevelle(its a 72) ahha

·
Registered
128 Posts
I get it weekly. It spends most of it's time with me parked in a hardware store parking lot, so I get comments all the time. About half of the "Timmy to Customer Service" calls are people wanting to buy her.

Got an offer for $6000 once, was very tempted.

·
Registered
130 Posts
8) When you have an ELKY this is a cross you must bare i have had people chase me down and follow me for miles wanting to know if it ia for sale and so on. Mine is a 78 with sunburst orange paint so it stands out in a crowd. Just play with them for awhile and they will go away.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I have a stock 86 Elky and I get that all the time.... My stepdaughter loves to drive it... and she really gets the looks... when she drove it to school.. they called her ElCamino Girl... they didn't know her name but knew she drove an Elky.. I found it amusing...

·
Registered
313 Posts
a few weeks ago it happened to me again at school. The guy offered 5k I said no. Then he offered 7.5k, I said no. Then he asked how much I would sell her for and I said 20k, I will sell her for double what I have in her :lol: . He went home and checked with his parents to see if they would loan him the money, lol, and of course they said no.

I really wish he could have gotten the money cause I would be driving a 1960 el camino now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a guy I know offer to buy my 80 Elky sight unseen for a grand over what I paid. I said no thanks. Was looking for a long time for this cruck.

B

·
0 Posts
most people ask what year it is "i tell them 59" then they ask if it is for sale. but i do not mind. i guess it never hurts to ask.

·
Venerated Member
403 Posts
every week i have at least one person stop by my house and ask if my 81 elky is for sale i always smile and say "nope its not for sale its my baby".

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I get compliments on mine but no offers yet. Not that I remember anyway. :-D

I think people are mostly scared of it. The only thing that makes my Elky look small is one of those huge SUV's or my buddy's 78 Lincoln.

The 69 Firebird, on the other hand, gets offers every time it goes a block down the street.

Kind of wish I had a 70-72 to park next to it though. Be kinda neat to paint them the same and really screw people up.

I plan on repainting my 96 camaro one of the colors of my Elky just to keep the family look. Either it's the 2000 Camaro Pewter or the 99 Chevy truck Storm grey Metallic.

:cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 79 Marina Blue Elky with original 427 Corvette rally wheels and when ever I drive down the street either a guy in a ricer throws me a rev or some other guy asks me if I want to sell it, I tell them if they got a 57 BelAir Custom to trade then no (Ultimate Dream Car 8) ) I could see myself in one of those...someday.......after college.... :( .

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a business card with an elky on it and it has my number and it says
"do you want to sell it?"
to say the least, im in the market.
and yes... my 77 gets the BMWs jealous. why you ask. because they paid too much a dont have the ECC style.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts