El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an original style am/fm manual tuning radio for my 85. I don't want any digital look. Does anyone have one or know the best place to find one to buy? I haven't tried any stereo shops but have looked online. Most have digital or way too many options.

I also plan to replace the original 2 small 3 1/2 inch speakers in each corner of the dash. Any comments on those replacements?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an original for my 84. If you are interested. Make an offer. The ElCamino Store also has new oem "Style". But I don't personally like them. As far as dash speakers, I have to look up where I got mine. But they do make several that fit right in.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Lilmike, if 2beyoung passes, I may want it. Mine is AM/FM Stereo, and is doing what I've been told is a common problem--it 'pops' off from time to time, then either pops or fades back on. The longer it sits between drives the worse it is. I can't decide if I should have mine repaired or buy a used one. I'll watch the thread to see if he passes.
Patrick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Patrick, Yes Sir, that would not be a problem. I wasn't able to get pics today. I WILL get it done morrow morn. You both can look see and he can decide if he wants it. It was working fine a year ago when I took it out. I put new dash in so while doing that I replaced radio with new one. I was wanting to stay stock too, but just changed my mind. Us old farts tend to do that sometime. will post pics in the am. Peace!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
pbr400, I have pics of the radio in my album if you want to check it out,the other dude passed on it cause it gas cassette player along with the AM/FM. Go to my page and look in albums and let me know if you still interested. Heck, I have all kinds of parts and pieces for 84. I have a brand new ignition switch w/keys. I bought it prior to knowing I had to replace my whole steering column due to bearings all fell out of the tilt.And ignition switch and keys came with it. Have elec. window switches etc. Anyay, check out the radio and get back to me if you are interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Thanks! I'm also working on an '86 Regal; I may need some of the window parts for it. Let me get home and do some checking and diagnosing on it and think about the radio. If you don't mind, think about pricing on the radio, motors and window switches, and we can talk in a week or so?
Thanks, Patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.