El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cover

You got it, new used hard or soft. Im open, But really looking for a deal. Its the last item Ill need, But If I start looking now Im sure somthing will come up.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Well, try Honest Charleys, or maybe OPGI they carry soft and hard covers. Or maybe try contacting a boat dealership and see if they know someone who makes custom boat covers, maybe you can cut a deal with him since it is just a flat piece and an easy pattern. I know, it sounds silly, but I know a guy that did just that and got a good deal, course he had it done during winter when the guy didn't have much work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
opg - Im still new with four projects

Hey guys Im still new here so whats OPG??
Great forum, kind of like Moparts.com!
Now all I need is a membership to a chevy 4x4 forum :-D
Working on four projects right now.
1. 1978 el camino (black night clone)
2. 1981 camaro (notice the spelling, not sure why people use camero)
3. 1977 shortbed 4x4 chevy (truck) frame off project.
and last, my pride
4. 1969 8) 440 rt 8) dodge charger!

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
OPG...Original Parts Group: http://www.opgi.com/indexnew.asp

You should be getting a 10% club discount there...tell them you're an ECC member when placing your order.

Honest Charley also has both hard and soft covers. You get a 10% discount there also.

Check Group Discounts in the links section.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: cover

derrickjed said:
You got it, new used hard or soft. Im open, But really looking for a deal. Its the last item Ill need, But If I start looking now Im sure somthing will come up.
I have a used "gaylord style" cover,its white and with the smooth finish, i had it on my 78 but didin't like it , i had to remove it to haul a new engine. If your interested i can email some pictures. Its used but in great condition, no cracks, tears, it needs a new paint job, the finish is "hazing" and "spider webbing" in spots, thats another reason why i took it of my elky, i think they guy who painted it used the wrong paint, it is 2 pieces. a back and front, has no shocks or support, but i have the other mounting brackets ect, You will have to get a set of new shocks...i belive OPG sells them for about $16.00 each. OPG and some others are selling these type of covers for over $600.00+ if you are interested $300.00 + shipping FIRM if you can Pick it up great!.Its VERY BIG. The price is extremely fair..let me know, i will help out the best i can later...Jim. Jims78elky "AFAST78"

·
Registered
80 Posts
An interest in your hard cover

Jim, talk to me. If the other person does not respond, I'm open. My '83 goes to the body shape for upgrades later this month. I have been spending a bajillion hours online attempting to locate the best price on a hard cover to replace my current soft, snap cover. (Not as functional when I want to use the truck in the winter, its hard to get back on due to non-elasticity.)

Anyway, would love to see the picts you mentioned in your post. Also, am wondering your location as I would consider driving to pick it up IF feasible. I'm in IN. SRH

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey now!

I already told him I was interested in the hard shell cover. Im just waiting on an email showing pictures.

Derrick

·
Supporting Member
4,476 Posts
Hard Top

I've got a Protect-O-Top (2 piece) on my '85 that I am going to remove. It's in pretty good shape- but the paint is a little faded and will need updating to whatever color you want ( I just bought the '85, and I think it was probabaly dark blue originally- looks dark grey now). All of the springs and hinges are there. The lock is there, but the key does not turn it, so I think it will need to be replaced.

$200 Plus shipping ( if anybody can figure out how to ship it!) If anyone is interested, E-mail me and I'll get some pictures out to you. I'm out of town until Friday, so it will be Fri before I can get you pictures.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts