El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source or have a used hitch of any class?
Thanks,
Mike
(714) 715-2162

·
Registered
45 Posts
socalpops said:
Anyone have a source or have a used hitch of any class?
Thanks,
Mike
(714) 715-2162
Mike
I have a class three hitch 2" receiver runs the width of the frame.but you might need to make brackets.It's on a 79 elcamino right now.I was going to put it on my 71(welding and fab are no proplem)Heavy Duty piece$50.+shipping
-Kid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You !

I decided to get a custom hitch made at Hitch Crafters, a small shop in Costa Mesa, Calfornia. The guys speak "HotRod" and were super helpful. The complete Class III hitch was $225.00 and they had it done in 1 hour. Little more than I had hoped to pay......but it's done and I'm towing away like a mule!

Thanks Again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trailer Hitch

Hi Socalpops, :oops: I have been looking for a hitch myself for my 72. What's the brand name of your hitch, so i can find it on line.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Class II or III Trailer Hitch for '68 to '72 Elco's

Howdy!

I checked on Reesehitch.com and they have hitches from '78 and newer only. Which is typical of all the bolt on hitch companies. The hitch I ended up with was custom made by a Trailer Hitch shop here in California. I gave up trying to find hithces for older Elco's online and coughed up the dough for the custom hitch. See my 1st post for prices.
Good Luck and happy Elco'ing !!
Mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a hitch that I will be taking off, also the "third" brake light.
would take 50.00 plus shipping.
post here or at
[email protected]

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
That listing for hitches on carryalls webpage is a typo. It should be 1979-82, not 1979-72 as shown on their web page. Wish it were true for the 1972.

·
Registered
734 Posts
oh okay.... :oops:

oh well, I guess I should have figured that out but didnt read it correctly....

thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey, I just learned The El Camino Store has 3 complete NOS hitch sets for 68-72 Elky's in their inventory....item 987292....$125

also 1 (one) set for 66-67 Elky, same price...dont know item #, but to inquire about them, ask for Dan (he's their NOS guy)...he told me though, that they are all complete with all hardware, ball, etc., for frame mounting as dealers would have installed it....

dont forget we get a 5% discount at TECS with your NECOA ID number....

·
Registered
734 Posts
actually, better make that TWO sets left for Gen 3 Elky's....I just bought one for myself.

:cool: :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
got the hitch from the El Camino Store, got the NECOA discount, and it was just as described: a factory hitch, NOS, in original box 32 years old. :cool:

I presume it would be Class I ? tongue weight 200 lbs, tow weight 2000 lbs. ?

it bolts to frame at bumper mounts behind license plate holder. has nice chrome hitch bar, 1-7/8" chrome ball, all factory fresh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts