El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I have a 68' elco and i need to find a good mechanic around my area 90001 zip. My elco keeps turning off while I'm driving I got new alternator and new battery but nothing. If anyone has any ideas please share.

Thanx

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's not necessarily around the corner from you, but I've been going to a great mechanic in El Monte for many years now. The shop is called Record Performance and they are located at 3925 Peck Rd., El Monte, CA 91732, 626-448-5838. They are located off the 10Fwy at Peck Rd., near Longo Toyota. They work on anything and everything from your Model T, to your new Chevy, Ford, Honda, etc. Their prices are reasonable and their work is outstanding with no nonsense warranties. They fully back their work.

As an example my dad had a head replaced on his 2000 Focus. About 2 months later it was discovered that the head had a crack in it. Record Performance warrantied the work, including labor, to the point my dad did not have to pay one red cent.

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,455 Posts
Hi, You might think this sounds strange but my 66 ElCamino did the same thing many years ago. Driving down the road and everything just dies, It was the fuse block there it mounts on the inside firewall. Lower Left above the e-brake. I took it to a dealer back in the late 70's and they said it was a short in the fuse block, repaired it and has never had the problem again. I hpoe this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello K5Cruiser, I'm also looking for a mechanic for my 72 El Co. Do you have or recommend anyone in the Riverside area?.....I'd greatly appreciate your help. ...Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts