El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of "bumper protectors", back in the day they were called bumperettes. My bumpers do not have the rubber strip across them nor the holes to mount strips. But they do have factory holes for the bumperettes. Original 79 sales brochure shows them in place on Black Knight. Have scoured the Chevelle and Monte catalogs and unable to find. Do not need to be new but in good no rust shape.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,797 Posts
nobody makes them, they are very hard to find in good shape
Most are rusted
AKA Bumper Guards

·
Registered
235 Posts
I ended up at a salvage yard and bought a bumper. I will redo the top filler sheet metal and transfer everything over. If you look at my avatar you will see driver side damage.
Tom
FD03F86D-07AF-4E31-8FAA-3E346F5B8DCD.jpeg

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Looking for a set of "bumper protectors", back in the day they were called bumperettes. My bumpers do not have the rubber strip across them nor the holes to mount strips. But they do have factory holes for the bumperettes. Original 79 sales brochure shows them in place on Black Knight. Have scoured the Chevelle and Monte catalogs and unable to find. Do not need to be new but in good no rust shape.
I'll check! I may know a guy who may have a set? :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm removing my bumpers to install roll pans. I think this is what you're looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got two for the rear bumper without the rubber insert in good condition that I don't need but I'm in California... I don't know if they're the same as the front ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're right, they are. I'm looking at my bumperettes and comparing them to the photos in this column...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts