El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New to the site, so Thanks for having me! I'm looking for a daily driver to purchase. I currently have 77, but only pull her out on the weekends, bc it still has issues. I want something I can drive around daily without having putting much work into it, as all my attention goes to the 77. Just searching around trying to see what's out in region 5! Thanks again everyone! :You_Rock:

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Hello Garrett,
Good luck with your search. :bigups:

·
Site Contributor Supporting Member
2,531 Posts
Garrett
Did you see the one that Robert has out in Cal. for $ 7,000.00 Check the 87 for sale
Posted by HKDUP87

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whip! Yes, I saw Roberts, and I would love to have something like that. I was hoping to find something closer to my region so I wouldn't have to worry about lengthy transportation to my destination in South Carolina. Thank you for the heads up!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi Garret. I found myself in your position a while back. I used to use my '71 as my daily but after I moved my commute went from 14 miles a day to 40 so I decided to retire the SS. I ended finding a '91 Buick Skylark with a 3.3 under the hood. I paid 1,800 bucks for it. It only had 104,000 miles on the clock and has been a great little trouble free car the past two years. I'd suggest either a Buick or an Olds because they are usually owned by older people and for the most part well maintained.

Good luck on your hunt!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I daily drive my 68...just depends how you take care of/drive it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have an 85, that is my "weekly driver"; it was my daily driver this time last year, but I bought my kid a car to learn on and I use that on most days. It might be a bit pricey for a daily driver though. I turned down $14.5k on eBay. If he only had $700 more, he might have drove off with one hell of a ride. Some blogger did a post on it:

http://news.boldride.com/2015/07/1985-chevrolet-el-camino-muscle-car/85898/

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome Glang! I have a buddy in central Tenn selling a 1-owner 5th Gen all original; been sitting for a while so may need a lit TLC to get her on the road. PM me if you need more info. Cheers & good luck! TD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts