El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, figured this was as good of a place as any to start my search. Please feel free to direct this thread elsewhere as needed. My grandpa had two different El Caminos at different times, a '68 and a '70. I only know the VIN # for the '70, 1D80V6D441H81. I did the basic VIN decoder online and saw where it was manufactured, etc. etc., but I don't really know where to go next since it is a pre 1981 VIN. This site seemed like a logical place to start....just trying to figure out the places, people I need to talk to in order to determine if the car is even still out there somewhere. Any advice/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read this, and/or offer any help.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Hi Joe, welcome from Idaho. Glad you're here. I hope you find your grandfather's El Camino. That would be awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, would be neat to know it's still out there. I made a comment in passing to my Grandma about how it would be cool to find it someday but that I didn't know the VIN so it would be pretty tough. Randomly a year later she hands me the original bill of sale from a used car lot that had the VIN, and I told her "Now we're getting somewhere!" Definitely a chance of tracking it down with the VIN....Thanks for the link to the old thread btw...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts