El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i am looking for a pair of cheap but decent bucket seats for my 85. It has a 50/50 bench w/ armrest in it but i really want some buckets. If anyone has information on a pair in the western New York region that would be great.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You may want to check ebay for bucket seats, you can use a wide variety of seats with a little modding and fabbing. I know guys on here have used buckets from firebirds, corvettes, and camaros.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
You will also need to get the brackets (against the tranny tunnel) for the bucket seats. You can get them from a number of cars from a junk yard. I had to get some from a Monte Carlo so I could install my Trans Am seats in mine.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Poltergeist said:
You will also need to get the brackets (against the tranny tunnel) for the bucket seats. You can get them from a number of cars from a junk yard. I had to get some from a Monte Carlo so I could install my Trans Am seats in mine.
Ahhhh, yes. A lot of things can be done with a little work. Mine came from a 87 formula. Drilled and tapped new mounting holes in the seat pans...In like Flynn (sorry, dating myself) :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im looking for anything that will fit into my car without alot of work( meaning that i dont want to fabricate brackets myself but would not mind modifying some.)The if i wouldnt mind something from a junkyard, if the padding and cover are unsalvagable thats okay as long as the frame isnt rusted to badly and i am able to find new covers and padding and i need the brackets to modify. Im not currently willing to pay 600 dollars for new seats cause im too strapped for cash. Thanks for your ideas.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
350smallblock85E said:
Im not currently willing to pay 600 dollars for new seats cause im too strapped for cash. Thanks for your ideas.
$25 each for the Pontiac seats at my local playground (salvage yard). Good condition, but not great. I'll have them recovered someday to match the interior color. :cool:

·
1,867 Posts
I got mine for 70.00 at a local junk yard. 95 Z24 Cav. seats & they are in great shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts