El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back my cover broke as I was removing it thanks to the excessive sealant that GM put on it. I'm looking to buy a replacement and so far striking out. Some places have and are willing to sell the whole box but I only need the top. The local pick n pull did have a '79 Olds that had one but it was right about the time I had a new baby in November and now that things have settled, of course they've crushed it. Does anybody have one these they're willing to give up. I'd prefer around central TX, but if the price is right I'll pay shipping from wherever. Thanks for the help
ac box.jpg
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If you can't find anything closer I could probably pull one tomorrow, however I'm in Canada so shipping would be higher than one out of the US.

The wrecker I want to hit up is an hour from me so I would need to know whether or not to pull one....I wouldn't get back for at least a couple of weeks or more.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O.D. Showtime, I appreciate the offer, but like you said, being in Canada, I'm not sure if it would be worth it versus trying to find one more local. So I'll unfortunately pass on your offer. I do know a local yard that has a few caminos that I may be able to check out but the man running it is semi-retired and only open certain days and times so I'd have to take off work to go. I probably won't be able to make that happen until mid-march.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
No problem....offer will stand if you don't/can't find anything more local. Still lots of Gbody stuff around here.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts