El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a low mileage, automatic, electric windows, air conditioning, flexible on the year, no body or frame rust, all/almost original El Camino in excellent condition as I can in the price range of up to 10K price but would consider spending more for the right one. The only color I would not want is black, sorry! No rush or I can be, cash buyer! I sold the two I owned. I can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
Check out Barrett-Jackson or Mecum auto auctions, I've seen on tv what look like nice low-mileage El Caminos sell for considerably less than I would have expected.

·
Registered
172 Posts
. . . all/almost original El Camino in excellent condition as I can in the price range of up to 10K price but would consider spending more for the right one. . . .
I suggest looking at your local Craig's List and eBay.

You must have some idea of what year(s) you are interested in. If you know that would be helpful to indicate.

$10k for a #2 truck isn't going to get you much in the years that I'm tracking (around '68), so I'm assuming you are looking at something newer. The average $ for a '68 is about $17,800, a '70 about $18,800, and a '74 about $10,500.

Greg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
# 1 would be condition and then price. An El Camino in the 1980's would work. I am looking for one I can drive, not work on. I know prices are all over the place so I am in no rush or I can buy tomorrow if the right one comes along.
Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
172 Posts
# 1 would be condition and then price. . . . I am looking for one I can drive, not work on.
You are not going to find a #1 truck in your price range -- unless your favorite aunt bought one new, drove it to church twice, then parked in her garage, with a soft cover on it and never used it again, and is now willing to give it to you, her favorite nephew. If so, that's great!

A #1 truck would meet the following: "Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is 'concours.' "

After you drive a #1 vehicle, it becomes a #2 vehicle. That's just the way it is.

Hang in there, you'll find a nice looking driver that you can be proud of.

Greg

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I take that to mean #1 priority, not #1 condition.

·
437 Posts
I am looking for a low mileage, automatic, electric windows, air conditioning, flexible on the year, no body or frame rust, all/almost original El Camino in excellent condition as I can in the price range of up to 10K price but would consider spending more for the right one. The only color I would not want is black, sorry! No rush or I can be, cash buyer! I sold the two I owned. I can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks
I think it would be very doable for a fifth generation to meet the criteria. I wish mine had the options, we could make a deal!!

Robert Jordan, isn`t yours for sale in that range?
JP

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the confusion. My # 1 priority is the condition of the truck, no body or frame cancer, dents and so on.
I have owned several El Camino over the years! I love El Caminos! Great car/truck! To bad they stopped make them!
Thanks for your help in my search!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I would look at the 78 to 81 series. I'd want the 350 engine with a th350 transmission...

My favorite is the 68 to 72 generation, that series cant be beat. That massive frame that there built on helps make them handle like there on rails..

I'm 62 and wished I would of discovered them a lot sooner in my life. The first one I drove was a worn out 71 and immediately noticed how well it handled and felt compared to the clean 71 Chevelle SS I owned and was driving at the time..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 71 last August for 5 grand. Body has no rust, strong running 350 with turbo 350 and 10 bolt rear. I just kept checking Craigslist and local ads. I found mine about twenty minutes from my house. I've done a little work on it, just to make it the way I want it. They don't command Chevelle pricing. Great investment I think!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 1984 two tone blue with a 350 and a 1987 two tone grey with original 305 and overdrive. Both are in excellent shape and I would consider a fair offer on either one.. Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1969 elcamino that is mostly stock. It has the original 350 engine with factory A/C. It also has the original 12 bolt rear end that I just upgraded with a 3.08 posi. Exhaust is new from the engine back. Brakes and suspension are completely new. Fuel system, hoses and belts and secondary ignition are new. This car runs great and could easily become a daily driver. The interior has been upgraded with new carpet, new instrument cluster bezel, factory style tach and a Classic Car Audio radio with Bluetooth phone. I also installed a new SS hood. The car could use a fresh paint job. I have several boxes of new trim items to replace some of the existing ones that are tired. This is a California car that now lives in Arizona. I am asking $12,500. You can contact me at [email protected]
spam7226

·
Supporting Member
4,417 Posts
I'll offer one more for your search. After many years, I find I am no longer using the El Camino much, and would like to see it go to a home that will give it the love I have poured into it over the years. It is a fully restored / resto-modded '85, that has a well documented history.

I built it so I could drive it until I pass on without any mechanical issues, so basically everything front to rear was replaced. A lot of money went into this one, but I recognize that the use I've gotten out of it, along with the slight wear an tear on the paint, reduces it's value.

Take a look at my webpage, Darby's Elky, and if this is of interest, let me know and we can discuss more details. Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are still looking, I have an 85 Conquista, 72K mi. all options no rust. all original except radiator, triple blue paint orig, good rubber, used as a daily driver but not that often.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll offer one more for your search. After many years, I find I am no longer using the El Camino much, and would like to see it go to a home that will give it the love I have poured into it over the years. It is a fully restored / resto-modded '85, that has a well documented history.

I built it so I could drive it until I pass on without any mechanical issues, so basically everything front to rear was replaced. A lot of money went into this one, but I recognize that the use I've gotten out of it, along with the slight wear an tear on the paint, reduces it's value.

Take a look at my webpage, Darby's Elky, and if this is of interest, let me know and we can discuss more details. Mike
Very nice! Looks like it would be out of the price range I would be willing to spend. Thanks for showing, BEAUTIFUL and well done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts