El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1983 Chevy El Camino V8 350 5.7L (Gas) for Sale in San Antonio, Texas has Edelbrock Chrome Air Cleaner, Edelbrock #1406 600cfm Carburetor, Edelbrock #2701 Performer EPS Intake Manifold, Edelbrock #2102 Camshaft & Lifter kit, Edelbrock #8134 Chrome fuel line with filter, Spectre Chrome Valve Covers, Hedman Hedders #68310, MSD Ignition GM HEI Red Distributor Cap & Rotor #8416, MSD # 31359 Wire set red HEI Style, MSD # 8225 Ignition coil GM HEI Int., A1-Cardone Remanufactured Distributor #AAZ-30-1985, Cloyes Street True #9-1100SP Timing Set, Worldwide Starter #P3510MS, Spectra Premium Electronic Fuel Pump #SP8012U, Spectra Premium Radiator #CU162, Murray A/C Condenser #2034, Transmission TH400 (Bullett Proofed), Summit Racing TH400 Dual Exhaust Crossmember #770307, Stock 14 inch tire w/ original rims includes spare, Serpentine Setup.

Engine ran good until I took it to the autoshop to have intake manifold gasket changed and timing reset, now engine has knock and no oil pressure, they either scraped the RTV off and left it fall in the engine clogging the oil pump or didnt connect the oil pump back to the bottom of the distributor when the removed the distributor to change the intake manifold gasket. Either way just don't have time for it anymore or money to have the chevy dealership diagnose and the time it take to sue the repair shop. $4000 OBO.
Willing to part out too, bust must have enough people wanting parts. see pictures at
San Antonio Craigslist (may need to copy and paste link).

https://post.craigslist.org/k/4Mp7dNG04RGo5usV8OSI_g/Odn48?s=preview

Any takers?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Dang sorry to hear about all the crap. Looks nice.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Would the dizzy go back in flush to the manifold if it wasn't engaging the rod for the pump? I don't think it would.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bobby78, Yeah the distributor went in back flush to the manifold, chevy dealership thinks its the RTV crap in the block and then clogged the oil pump.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Bobby78, Yeah the distributor went in back flush to the manifold, chevy dealership thinks its the RTV crap in the block and then clogged the oil pump.
Amazing! At first I was thinking why would they remove the rod for the oil pump to do an intake? And I know the dizzy won't go in w/o engaging it properly. But WOW, really? Just let the old crap fall into the engine! It's unbelievable! Looks like a real nice ride. Was it run long w/o oil pressure? Maybe you can repair it instead of giving it away. I see fixitman offered some help. Hope you guys can get it done.
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bobby78, it wasn't run long without oil presssure, the shop is less than a mile away from my house, when I picked it up and was driving home I noticed it, I turn around and took it back to the shop, they said it was like that when I brought it up there and it wasnt, it's still sitting there at the shop until I pick it up, Im going to have it towed to my house tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts