El Camino Central Forum banner

Lost a friend

4K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  Lenny Carey 
#1 ·
I want to inform the friends of Randy Turner ( Rtawk ) , has recently passed away . Randy has been a long time Deputy Director here in Florida as well as serving as National Deputy Director for NECOA with previous National Director Ken Rogers . Ken was informed by Randy`s son as he knew they had worked closely together . Randy was actively involved with most things NECOA and Region 6 , Florida . He attended most every one of our activities and get togethers and was a regular mentor to me with my limited computer skills . Please keep Randy in your thoughts and we send our condolences to Randy`s family .

#3 ·
Very sorry to hear this. Randy was a great guy.

#7 · (Edited)
My wife & I were sorry to hear of Randy's passing . I am probably the closest member of NECOA / ECC as we live only a few miles away from Randy . I first met Randy here in Palm Bay , Fl. in 2010 at a LOWES parking lot when I spotted his 87 GMC Cabby . It was Randy who told me about NECOA / ECC . We went to our 1st show in Kississimmee Old Town where I met with other region 6 members . Over the years we followed Randy to several car shows in the state & traded parts . RIP Randy Turner . Randy was about 65 years old & retired from Satellite Beach Fire Dept. where he was a Firefighter ,EMT & Battalion Commander .

#10 ·
Randy helped Ken Rogers by developing tools to help organize, construct and collect votes for the NECOA calendars. Tools like spreadsheets for entrants and vote tabulation and slideshows that presented the entries to the NECOA Membership for voting.

Thank You Randy.

I am saddened to hear of this passing.

#17 ·
I miss Randy`s friendly teasing on my computer skills . He enjoyed ribbing me when I listed an incorrect date or lacked an understanding some posting method . I usually come on to ECC in the morning while I am sipping my cup of Cuban coffee and not being a real morning person , having to wait until my legal drug ( caffine ) , to kick in . He always displayed his NECOA calendars on his dashboard at our shows and it was interesting how many people asked about the well done NECOA calendars that he help organize to be printed up . He was active in helping to get others to join NECOA or follow up with them to find information or parts for their Caminos . Thanks also to past President Ken Rogers and the Executive Committee to have these Caminos selected , judged and printed . New and older members have recently started to ask about bringing them back and if you are interested , contact Leo as I think he is interested in finding a few members that have the desire and talent to repeat this much appreciated work . Randy used to bring a very cool old Jax ice chest in his bed that people would ask about but no longer made . Randy had what I believe to be a 71 that he had planned on eventually rebuilding in his garage but I have not seen it for years .

#21 ·
Randy was a good man, dedicated to NECOA and helping members in any way they asked. He was also a proud First Responder. May he rest in peace.

James "LOCKJAW" Stedman.
Inactive, but looking for another Camino!

#25 ·
Since selling my Camino, I'm not on here that much. Still do check in from time to time. I'm glad this thread got bumped as I was unaware of Randys passing. Sad moment to read of it, thanks to Lenny for letting the club know. The "hippie" was sure easy to like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.