El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,105 Posts
Randy was a good man, dedicated to NECOA and helping members in any way they asked. He was also a proud First Responder. May he rest in peace.

James "LOCKJAW" Stedman.
Inactive, but looking for another Camino!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I want to inform the friends of Randy Turner ( Rtawk ) , has recently passed away . Randy has been a long time Deputy Director here in Florida as well as serving as National Deputy Director for NECOA with previous National Director Ken Rogers . Ken was informed by Randy`s son as he knew they had worked closely together . Randy was actively involved with most things NECOA and Region 6 , Florida . He attended most every one of our activities and get togethers and was a regular mentor to me with my limited computer skills . Please keep Randy in your thoughts and we send our condolences to Randy`s family .
Wow! Sorry to hear about the loss of Randy. He was a great guy and always willing to help! May God be with his family in this time of sorrow.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Since selling my Camino, I'm not on here that much. Still do check in from time to time. I'm glad this thread got bumped as I was unaware of Randys passing. Sad moment to read of it, thanks to Lenny for letting the club know. The "hippie" was sure easy to like.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want to inform the friends of Randy Turner ( Rtawk ) , has recently passed away . Randy has been a long time Deputy Director here in Florida as well as serving as National Deputy Director for NECOA with previous National Director Ken Rogers . Ken was informed by Randy`s son as he knew they had worked closely together . Randy was actively involved with most things NECOA and Region 6 , Florida . He attended most every one of our activities and get togethers and was a regular mentor to me with my limited computer skills . Please keep Randy in your thoughts and we send our condolences to Randy`s family .
Please relay my condolences to his surviving family, it is a sad day for all. R.I.P. Randy

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I especially missed Randy last moth when we attended our 11 th Gainesville Get Together sponsored by Steve Sanders . Randy and I once shared a room for the event . In talkng one early morning I metioned that I missed that my wife was not here to bring me my usual coffee in bed . For some unknown reason it really irritated him that she did that and he exclaimed that I best not expect that of him . I would bring that up here and there to get a rise from him . Randy was very intelligent and was invited to a conference for people with very high IQ`s . He said it was so boring he refused to join and I liked the story he would tell me his day with them . We attended so many events together and I enjoyed saying something that was purposefully partially incorrect or controversial just to crank him up and enjoy his reaction . Entertainment you did not have to pay for . I`ve lost count of the many events he attended both here in Florida and other regions .

Reactions: gpmars

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Chris Nelson has been kind , went by Randy`s house again and has left a card for Randy`s son Dustin . He included his and my contact information in case there is something we can help with and especially convey our sympathies from his NECOA friends . His neighbor that Chris talked to says that Dustin will move into the house .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts