El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just me again

So I finally settled on my build and where it's going I've recipe fly swapped in an lq4 5.3l from an 03 yukon truck intake looks nasty sticking up a little passed the hood but the issue I'm running into is the exhaust. I was planning on flipping the factory manifolds left to right so I can build a turbo y pipe however they are hitting... Everything. Mostly the steering box passenger side looks pretty good it clears ok but I can't get the driver side just does t have enough space.

Is there a set of headers or manifolds that sit closer to the block that I can use to make a turbo y pipe with. Preferably something that won't cost an arm leg and everything in-between.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pm me with what ever you find it's hard for me to find this threshold again

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,232 Posts
Work on LM7 exhaust perhaps:dontknow:. The LQ4 is a 6.0 liter from a 2500HD truck or an Escalade.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the lq4 is a 5.3 the lq9 is a 6.0 but the 5.3 is a better starting point for a Turbo motor

·
6,232 Posts
The LQ4 is a 6L. The LQ9 is a later version and then it morphed to the all aluminum LS2.
The 5.3L Vortec is an LM7. At least you aren't trying to call it an LS1 like lots do.

Have a nice day :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry this is my first ls style engine and actually my first efi engine and well my first not small block 350 and well just my first

·
6,232 Posts
No problemo...Take a look at Matt's (Welder5) earlier thread on his LQ9 install. There is a list of things used in there that might help you with your clearance issues. I think he has a 2" cowl hood and it doesn't look like he will have problems with what is a bigger SB. Your 5.3 is in the same '327 based' group. It is a good engine with more power than your 'run of the mill' 350. http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106450

:beer:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm still running the truck intake which is bout 8 inches taller then the car ls intake but I kinda like the way it pokes its head out above the fenders when the hood is up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.