El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Hello,

Subscribed. What are you using for engine mounts? Headers?

Rick

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I will be following your swap closely.
Ihave been holding back my own LS swap for a while.
Right now running a a 24X LT1 and want to reuse my 4l60e transmission (coan built) and aluminum driveshaft (Denny's) to save a few bucks.
Best of luck with yours!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already have Holley kit with Hooker mid length headers. Just ripped out front suspension to install UMI. They sent two driver side upper control arms. Purchased new fuel tank and EFI sending unit. Just a step by step process. Installing a LS3 with 4l70

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Definitely figure out your transmission cooling lines before installing it. I had to use elbow fittings immediately coming out of the trans because of the tight fit.

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Definitely figure out your transmission cooling lines before installing it. I had to use elbow fittings immediately coming out of the trans because of the tight fit.

Rick
I used factory push in lines with a 90 degree bend and installed compression fittings with #6 AN. Got a slick really tight bend and about 6-7 inches of tube down to where attaching the hose with an AN fitting is really easy!

Joe

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Ls3 4l70 480 going in. Starting fuel pump install and new umi suspension tomorrow.
UMI is top notch, good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,114 Posts
Already have Holley kit with Hooker mid length headers. Just ripped out front suspension to install UMI. They sent two driver side upper control arms. Purchased new fuel tank and EFI sending unit. Just a step by step process. Installing a LS3 with 4l70
I just finished an LS swap into my 67 Chevelle. Used all the Holley bits and it dropped right in. 4L60E in my case. Car is brilliant.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts