El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had the LS swap and installed the AC? I would like to know how do you get vacuum to get the ac and heater doors to open and close on the interior of the el camino.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Hello,

I'm going with Classic Air with the LS swap on my 70 EC. I don't have the kit yet and won't for a while but I don't believe the Classic kit uses vacuum power for movement of the cold and hot doors. I think it is done with an electric motor actuator.

Call up the Classic Air folks and ask them. They were very helpful explaining how I can keep my original fixed output GM air conditioning compressor that is still on my LS engine from the 1999 GMC Sierra donor truck. This allowed me to retain every last piece of the LS front engine accessory drive - no change to any belt, pulley, PS pump, alternator or water pump -- a huge savings in effort and dollars.

Rick

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Has anyone here had the LS swap and installed the AC? I would like to know how do you get vacuum to get the ac and heater doors to open and close on the interior of the el camino.

Put a T in the pcv line is what I did on the two I have done. Works normal

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Definitely use Classic Auto Air, and steer clear of VA. Most of their systems offer electronic servos to control mode and blend doors and heater control valves. You will have to use modification cables for climate control head.
If you use a vacuum controlled system, you will find vacuum in a few places on the LSX, but, as you asked...yes, you absolutely, positively need a vacuum reservoir bottle. Currently adding Classic Auto Air to a 1990 Jeep Wagoneer with 2017 Yukon LS7. Having to build frequency generator to control duty cycle on electronic refrigerant control valve in OEM LS7 compressor. Really nice looking conversion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts