El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a 5.3 LS and used the 350turbo transmission? I recently bought a 2wd suburban for the motor. It has a good transmission also but I like my 350turbo.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
You can use the turbo 350, hopefully you have a drive by cable LS or are planning running a carb set-up, so the TV cable won't be a problem. I've seen a few work-arounds for drive by wire though. You will need a flexplate adapter to keep the converter seated at correct depth. GM actually makes one just for this. You will have to dis-able the trans function in the computer if you go with injected.

Whatever way you go, I guarantee frustration that is soooooo worth the trouble!

Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not drive by cable. Dang. I know I’ll have to get the computer programmed.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Fear not Danny, The fun is just beginning! I guarantee, you will get there! You already have my email, and there's a lot of people on here to help out. My advice on this is to not rush things and get input on the way to help with your decisions to go with what is right for you.

Joe

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I will suggest you think about using that 4l60e. You will have to shorten the driveshaft and change the cross member, but the gears and being able to program shift points is pretty cool. If you really want that turbo 350 there are work arounds. The worst problem with the 4l60e is getting your speedo to work. I guess where I'm going is to look at all options, get feedback, and use everything you can to arrive at what's best for you! Good luck!

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts