El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, will a 6 speed from a mid 90s LT1 Camaro or TA bolt to a regular 350 small block? Thinking of rebuilding/mild build of the 350 out of my 78 Elky, but want to put a manual trans in. Would LOVE to do a 6 spd.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Yes they will bolt up. You will of course need to do a number of mods to make everything else work. You will need flywhel to fit your engine. modify or buy aftermarket crossmember, shorter driveshaft, pedals, hydraulic or possibly manual linkage, speedometer hookup,etc.Some have used firebird pedals rather than g-body . older t-56 models I believe were externalslave cylinder which could be substituted for manual linkage if preferred. Newer models like mine are hydraulic throwout bearing.
Earlier models had a lower ratio first gear with a .63 6th ratio. Later models had the 2.29 1st gear with .50 ratio 6th gear. I don't hit 2000 rpm till almost 80 in 6th with a 3.73 rear, pretty cool huh.
You should find some better information doing a google search ,plenty have done this swap.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the lt1 is the same back of block as any other 350 any scatter shield will work any stock early bell with an aftermarket hydrolic throwout bearing will make it painless

·
Registered
450 Posts
been looking on google for sometime now on info for this swap there really isnt much out there seems like everyone thats done it is keeping it a big secret
i do know (like jl said) you will have to use the flywheel for your year motor
the pressure plate should bolt right to it
93 and up fbody pedals will work but have to be slightly modifyed
93 and up clutch master cyl. will work have a steel braided line made for it if you run hyd. clutch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts