El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who have helped over in the trans section. Got the Lt1 (77,000 miles) out of the 95 z28. Pulled valve covers as recommended over in trans section. Beautiful in side, no gunk! Gonna go ahead and replace the front and rear main seals, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, plugs and wires. Any other recommendations while shes out and on the stand. Water pump, optispark etc... Anyone familiar with this company
EFI Connection

https://www.eficonnection.com/

Thanks again for all the help! :hail2:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've had my LT1 since it was new and I can tell you upgrading to Bosch 3 injectors made the engine run smoother than it ever had.
It's just a better designed injector than the stock type.
$187 delivered. I bought them here:
https://www.southbayfuelinjectors.com/

Might as well put in a new injector pressure regulator too. Better to change those out before they fail.

·
Supporting Member
4,414 Posts
If the water pump looks old, I would replace it. Much easier at this time, and not much money. The Optispark is also a trouble spot, but may have already been replaced. More expensive just to "replace". If it were me, I would see if it worked first....
While the engine is out, good time to replace motor mounts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great input all. Gonna replace the water pump and the cap and rotor on optispark. Motor mounts for sure. Will the stock 84 elko mounts work or should I look at something else. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Hi Bret
Stock 84 Elco mounts should be fine. The Gen II (LT1) block has the same mounting holes on the side as the Gen 1.

I am quite familiar with EFI CONNECTION. I have an LT1 in my 82 Elco with the EFI CONNECTION 24X conversion. Good guys with qualiy products.
They also have all type of pigtails and connectors for your swap.

·
Registered
367 Posts
As long as the motor is easy to work on, I replace the water pump. Inspect the OptiSpark. Install new vacuum line from the OptiSpark to intake. There is an oil seal behind the Opti so I’d replace that too.

I had this seal go out and it trashed the OptiSpark. Also be sure the throttle bore is clean and the IAC is clean and working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts