El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Worked on sorting out the power pump and steering lines. Going to use AN6 fittings and steel braided hydraulic lines. Yes overkill, but way easer to route

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
This is the Corvette LT1 accessories system everything is on the LH side of the motor. It puts the AC compressor high and left, where the Camaro accessories bracket puts the AC compressor low and right. Which will interfer with the stock motor mount location.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
I do have some more work to do on the alternator setup. The alternator that is supposed to be on the bracket will not clear my valve covers, so i had to go with the 5.7 Vortec unit. I've got a couple of ideas on that yet, but it is setting in the correct position

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
Interesting stuff
You are doing a TPI intake on the LT1 longblock?
Or did you just pur the manifold in there to cover the intake ports during the install?
TPI is installed on the long block, and has actually run about 30K miles in a 1997 k1500. I plugged the LT1 manifold bolt locations with threaded brass rod and locktite Then redrilled the heads for the TPI manifold. The LT1 has the exact block/head angles as the traditional SBC so it wasn't a big deal

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
I had the 9th injector plug on the motor before this elki, and after it was mentioned about rear ports. I decided to go ahead and instal a AN port as well for the supply line

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
And I cut the factory lines off, tapped and plugged the original supply port, this all should make a clean looking install. Oops this picture is the 9th injector port with a plug

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
Gotta stop on this girl fo a week or so, going to be dropping motor and trans into the 1977 elcamino, hopefully get her mobile under her own power and sell her. I am waiting on parts for the 83 anyway. Oh hey look at the seats that I found, they are not "blue" but they are as close to original as I could find around here. Already pitched the S10 what and installed these
Ya I'm kinda busy!!! Lol

Registered
Btw, who do you buy your Bosch injectors from? I've been getting mine from SouthBay Fuel Injectors out of New York.

Registered
Discussion Starter #58
Injectorplanet on Fleabay $119, the were cleaned, new filters and Teflon rings. Very quick delivery. Ya gotta be careful on Fleabay, there are a lot of China knockoffs. Look at the numbers on the side of the injectors pictures and ask the sellers if these are genuine BOSCH injectors. I've had good luck with that process so far.

Registered
Discussion Starter #59
Ok. Have had a busy week. Picked up another horse, ordering parts, and waiting for them to come in, took and picked-up the radiator to the shop for cleaning, repair and LT1 mods. Here it is

41 - 60 of 82 Posts