El Camino Central Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Also if you are using an LT1 you'll need a 96-97 LT1 timing chain cover, crank sensor, and relector wheel either 4X or 24X depending on your base tune. I am using the 2002 savanna van 5.7/4L60E 2wd tune there fore I need the 4X reluctor. If you wish to go CNP then you'll need the 24X reluctor Also if you use a custom tune it has the capability of a Valet option. Which I like

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
For a traditional SBC OR VORTEC you'll need a timing cover with sensor provisions

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
transmission is bolted to the motor, the driveshaft out of the 76 Elcamino that I salvaged fits perfect, cross member will require minor modifications to work. Engine and trans wiring is figured out, just need to get it done. Once I can find a good readable wiring diagram for the car, ill be able to marry the two systems. she is starting to come together, finally!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Either this thread is getting boring or it's done??? Lol.

On a brighter note, it's a good thing that I'm an old GM wiring has been. I can't find a very good wiring diagram for the 1983 Elcamino, so I'm having to wing it mostly. But I am getting very close to having the ECU/motor/trans wired up. Need to purchase 6 sensors and that'll be done. Get the fuel pump installed, modify the trans crossmember. Finish the interior. Sorry I am rambling while I think. Lol. Things are starting to get messy and congested in this little corner of the world.

·
Senior Member Participating Member
815 Posts
I'm paying attention.😮

Reactions: Tinbender59

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Me too. I'll be interested in seeing how he makes this wiring neat and tidy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Lol. Thanks for the feed back, I'll endeavor to get more pictures. I test rit the modified radiator and the stock shroud. All good there, then installed the Ford Mark IV 2 speed fan in the shroud. And test fit it
Here it is needs painted yet

·
Senior Member Participating Member
815 Posts
Scimitar blades equal quiet running. Nice. 😮

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Sory for the silence lately, Ive been cleaning the shop up and playing with my other EL. The EL Pony LOL. I have dabbled in horse rescue of severly abused horses. Long story short, I realesed my latest rescue to a good home, and I finally have a non-damaged gelding colt for myself to just enjoy

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Sory for the silence lately, Ive been cleaning the shop up and playing with my other EL. The EL Pony LOL. I have dabbled in horse rescue of severly abused horses. Long story short, I realesed my latest rescue to a good home, and I finally have a non-damaged gelding colt for myself to just enjoy View attachment 130139
My sister is working with a rescue horse up north in Winterset Iowa. It is a labor of love!

Joe

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Joe. You don't know the half of it. It took 2 plus years to turn her around. Not a financial win, lol. But, I'd do it all again in a heart beat. Im not an animal lover, i just respect them for what they are. I do have to add this new fella is getting to me, he's such a sweet tempered thing.

On an elcamino note. 😁 i hope to get back to the lady soon, life hit me in the tail reciently

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
WOW!!! Finally making progress on the son's F150, after almost 50 hrs of intense troubleshooting (wiring) found out our problem to be bad quality control at Holley. He has a Sniper system on the truck, (More than I want to pay) then a 12vdc power wire just falls out of a plug!!!. REALLY!? PEOPLE!! Now to get it drivable, maybe I'll get to drive mine by Christmas?? Lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Well the son is finally married off. Lol. Now I can get back to my lady. Today i picked up a Crown Vick crossmember, just cant get the factory unit to work. More later

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Was able to get the Fuel tank retrofited, reinstalled, and plumbed to the front of the rig today. Tomorrow hope to start on the cross member. Hey moderators you should start a "how to section" so that guys like me, (always customizing stuff) can document it in an easy to find location.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Current progress, exhaust built and installed, fuel sender and pump wired up with quick disconnect. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll get the nutural safety switch installed, test fuel gauge readings (3-5gal buckets of gas, dump one and check readings, dump 2nd check.... ) then pressurize the fuel system to check for leaks.. trying to get everything downunder completed, so that i can set her on her own 4 feet and finish the engine bay.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts