El Camino Central Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Well shoot!! I aint as smart as I thought! Got the exhaust al tucked in nice and tight...... then........ I remembered???? I forgot to put O2 bungs in!!!! Arguh, had to cut hangers loose and pull it all out for welding. But all good back in and ready for the new O2 sensors. And the innovate WB O2 sensor is in place and ready for tuning.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Haven't had much time to play with the ol girl bet I am makin progress. Battery is installed in the bed, all cabling ran. Every time i get to working on the ECU i find more wires that i need to run, go figure!!! Lol. But definatelt getting there.
20200803_140142.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Today and yesterday I worked on finishing up the ECU wiring. Air conditioning, ALDL wiring, and testing all wires end to end. Making sure they are going where they are supposed to go. Then it all nuts, bolts and fluids to be ready to let-R-breathe FIRE!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Made major progress today just a bit more terminating, (get the ECU interfaced with the interior). Put split loom on everything. Install radiator, shroud, and build the cold air intake. And im sure a few more things that im forgetting. That relay is the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I just had to get a peek, 4 bolts is all but you get the point.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
You can see the Vortec air filter that i will be using

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Looking really good. Nice and tidy wiring is what I like to see! I also like to see heat shrinked connections like you are using. Good job.
One question and one suggestion for you. My question in that first photo is about the red cap fuse holder. Is that a maxi fuse holder? And what amp fuse do you have in it?

My suggesstion is on that relay you are using. Those kind work fine inside a car but under a hood, the moisture it gets there will shorten the life of it. I suggest using a weather sealed relay. These are what I use under the hood:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Thanks for the reply, the fuse holder is a standard auto fuse. And yes your right on the relay, I'll more than likely install a GM unit. I do have several, I just had a brain flatulence 😁 when I installed it. Its been a hard long day lol. However i did install a Ford relay in the fan circuit. I can't keep the bosh types from burnning up.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Good on the fuse holder then.
I've been using those Hella relays for a good while now in 3 vehicles. Not a failure yet. I always try to keep 3 or 4 in my supply drawer. Never know when you will need one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Just reread your firs post, i was pretty beat, (10 hrs working on it today) i had to make progress. At any rate being an elecrtonics teck by education and an cnc repair elecrtician by trade. I like solder joints and heat shrink. Better results long term.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Decided since the waterpump hadnt ran fo 3 years I would be farther ahead to replace it with a new one. I picked up a tough stuff unit like Speedway motors sells. It has thread in fittings, and comes with a few options. I like that they Re already threaded for pipe fittings, and the prefabed fittings look way better than my cobbled up mess

·
Senior Member Participating Member
825 Posts
I like Speedway too!! 😮

Reactions: Tinbender59

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Finally got some traction today finished wrapping wiring then loomed it all. Tested the fuel system. Had a leaky injector, luckily I had not bolted the tuned port on it yet. Once I got that fixed, the fuel pump decided it had to go stupid. Droped the tank, lucky once again, only had 8 gallons of fuel that I just dumped in it. Oncei was happy with the fuel system. I powered the pump up with a motorcycle battery it pumped up to 48 PSI, and I let it run for a little while to be sure all was well. Then it was time to bolt the TPI into place. Dang good place to stop for the day.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 144 Posts