Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
When installing a TPI its easer if you remove the valve covers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Sacrifice high end horse power for more low end torque. On the street torque is more valuable to me. I like stoplight to stoplight action

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Today hed to rerout a few wires, got to excided yesterday. Finally all wires on the drivers side of the engine bay are either terminated or next to their final location. Split loom secured and tidied up as well. Radiator, fan, and shroud are in for test fit. Put air intake system is in for test fit as well. Still plenty to do but gaining ground

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Final configuration for the 3 core coper fin radiator. Thanks to the excelent work and creativity of B&R Radiator in Wichita Ks. Take note of inlet and outlet locations and kept the trans cooler

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I am in the process of cleainig, painting and polishing the aluminum valve covers, thats why they arenot present

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Cold air intake, just a piece of pipe i had around, I'll be painting it a different color before final install

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just wondered if it was steel or aluminum. I used PVC once and the heat and pressure from the clamp deformed it. That was back in the days before the Internet when it was harder to find stuff.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Just wondered if it was steel or aluminum. I used PVC once and the heat and pressure from the clamp deformed it. That was back in the days before the Internet when it was harder to find stuff.
Yup I've been there to

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Almost there, with these projects, you end up backing up 3 times just to move to the next phase

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Well. Horse feathers!!!! Tried to let-r breathe fire today after a full day of cleaning up loose ende and such, but no life in it. Pretty much has to be ign module, ill find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Replaced module and coil, still no life. Then today I found my mistake, had the cam and crank sensors wired for LS2 sensor stratagy instead of vortec sensor stratagy, and she lit right off. Im guessing that we cant upload videos???

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
The current plan is next spring take it to the dyno for final tune. For now clean it up get a basic tune put together

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm really interested in looking at the dyno sheet after that tune.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
You and me both!!! desktop dyno is predicting crazy numbers. That are actually hard to believe. But, it all is over by 5800, so maybe not to far off. I will say if it is 10% high "desktop" I'll be very pleased. I did just get off of the phone with the Dyno shop, I like his approach, so he's got the job when I'm ready to get serious. If you saw the dyno sheet from the other Dyno shop, stock long block 96 LT1 shorty headers, CIA, and TPI, put 329 ftlb on the ground. This one I added lunati cam and 1.6 rockers 276/286 advertised duration .503 lift on 1.5 rockers, should net 530 on 1.6 rockers, and mid length headers.

Should be interisting??

121 - 140 of 144 Posts