El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Saturdays update.. got the oil and filter changed and thought I鈥檇 drive it a little further. Made it about 3 miles and it died.. starts back up after siting a few minutes.. same thing .. runs a bit and dies.. made it back home and removed the fuel filter and it was so clogged up I could barely blow thru it. Put it back together and now the float is stuck.. I have one from minoridertim Elcamino I am going to try. Oh and the A/C compressor is froze up 馃槩 I鈥檒l update y鈥檃ll later. Thanks for following鈥︷煒庰煆

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yea, neglect and no maintenance by previous owners bite us every time. You and Tim will have all of this solved in no time.

Rick
Thanks sir.. I swapped carburetor after church still runs and dies.. I鈥檓 thinking the pick up screen is clogged or lots of trash in tank.. probably just have to bite the bullet and drop the tank down for investigation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well the tank is gonna have to come out. If y鈥檃ll are done laughing at my mess, I鈥檇 appreciate the extra help. I鈥檒l even buy some frozen pizza from the dollar store for Cyberray 馃槀
Pics to follow馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Todays shenanigans..
Minoridertim came over and helped me get all the lights working as they should. We changed every light except the high beams and license plate light. Also put in another set of spark plugs and changed one burnt spark plug wire. It runs good but we discovered that the distributor has a short at the connector for the coil. So I鈥檒l get a new one after church and then maybe it鈥檒l stay running. 馃檹

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Today鈥檚 update.
Swapped in a new distributor. Fixed the dying issue but soon as you drive it, it starts acting like it is out of gas. I guess I鈥檒l attempt to get as much gas out as possible and drop the tank. Pics and updates in a few days. Thanks for following along. 馃槑馃弫 Oh and then starter went out after the test drive. Was trying to refire and it checked out.. 馃槀.. it鈥檚 only money 馃挻

Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
Well the tank is gonna have to come out. If y鈥檃ll are done laughing at my mess, I鈥檇 appreciate the extra help. I鈥檒l even buy some frozen pizza from the dollar store for Cyberray 馃槀
Pics to follow馃槑
naw, you're gonna have to go a bit more upscale than DollarTree hot pockets or 7-11 pizza. we're talking HEB, buddy!

Deputy Regional Director, Region 13

Registered
87 Caballero Amarillo, original 305/200-4R, QJ
Hardest part about dropping a tank is getting the fill pipe out, since it has to come out on an angle, without dumping the tank off the jack.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hardest part about dropping a tank is getting the fill pipe out, since it has to come out on an angle, without dumping the tank off the jack.
I have it way up in the air on Jack stands. Sprayed strap bolts with PB Blaster, went to take fuel lines off and the 3/8 supply line was really soft in the middle,, about 8鈥 In length. I had a good replacement hose so I put it in its place. Now the starter is gone bad so I can鈥檛 crank it 馃槀 to see if it鈥檚 any better.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts