El Camino Central Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yesterday shenanigans…
Flushed the old coolant from the system.. 🤮
Looked like creek water… Went and filled it up and drove a long route home 27 miles. Topped off @1.7 gallons of fuel. Not too shabby. Today will be belt replacement. 😎🏁

Attachments

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Thanks. It will be some time but when I get ready I’ll definitely give you a shout. The deal is in our hot rods.. all money comes from side work,, hustling ..ect so no real money comes from household account. So it takes a little longer.. I hope to run the stock 305 for a year or so while saving 💵.
That's what I said , when my 305 dies I will get a crate 350 . That was 13 years ago & 21K miles ago . 305 keeps running , same with tranny Th 200 , when it goes I'll get a TH350 , 200 still works .

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I don't think that AC is going to keep you cool
I’m going to order all the stuff from Rock Auto. I plan on putting up a partition between the seats to keep all the cool air up front instead of cooling the whole car 😎
Today’s shenanigans
I just changed the oil again, only drove it about 139 miles and it’s black as coal. Gonna swap in new alternator and power steering belt.. then mess with the carburetor for like the 20th time 😂

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Wagon update..
Flushed out the old creek water coolant yesterday. New coolant and thermostat put in. Today, changed the oil again. Swapped carburetors for has to be the 7th time, adjusted the headlights, put the rear view mirror on. Got new alternator and power steering belts, those will be installed when the new a/c components get here from Rock Auto, it is slowly getting there..😎🏁

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Took the wagon to it’s first show Saturday. About 60 miles round trip, it ran good and gets about 15 mpg.
Didn’t win a trophy, but had a great time. Did win a door prize.. car wash bucket and supplies.. maybe the felt sorry for me 😂 Had a great time.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Ok time to either sell it..
Trade it.. for a Elcamino
Or keep it and swap in a stroker 334” th350 3:08 geared rear end..
What to do??

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Wow. You just created somebody a very good grocery-getter vehicle if you sell it. So yea, make a profit here and buy another fixer upper Meeno.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Wow. You just created somebody a very good grocery-getter vehicle if you sell it. So yea, make a profit here and buy another fixer upper Meeno.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If I do put it up for sale, it won’t be cheap. These are very hard to find this solid and complete.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Wagon update.. went on a little cruise.. topped off to check the mileage.. 126 miles 9 gallons
14.5 mpg Not bad for a junk quadrajet
Anyone have experience with Edelbrock AVS2 carbs?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Took the wagon on a road trip to Summit Racing in Arlington Tx..started gathering parts for the new 334” stroker motor... about 250 miles round trip.. it ran good and averaged 16.6 mpg..
Shout out to minoridertim for riding shotgun..

Attachments

61 - 79 of 79 Posts